CTC Risk manages the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office, Global Treasury, and “other” Corporate businesses (Firm-wide Pension Plan, Insurance programs, and Mortgage Servicing Rights). The CTC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reports to the Firm-wide CRO and is responsible for the end to end risk framework within the CTC LOBs; including, but not limited to, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Structural Interest Rate Risk, Reputation Risk, Country Risk, Principal Risk, and Model Risk.
CTC seeks to hire a risk professional to join its Liquidity Risk Oversight function. This individual will participate in liquidity risk related matters, including liquidity monitoring, forecasting, reporting, policy setting and risk management. The independent Liquidity Risk Oversight group partners with other internal risk groups, Corporate Treasury, as well as senior management, to formalize funding strategies through normal and stress market environments. In addition, the team will frequently interact with external regulators. The position offers opportunities to gain visibility into various market products, risk metrics and processes, and increase understanding in firm wide company initiatives. The position also offers opportunities for visibility to senior management.
- Provide an independent oversight to the liquidity risk framework
- Work with Firmwide, lines of business and legal entity risk groups to establish risk governance framework including policy review, limit monitoring, standards, and best practices
- Provide independent review of regulatory and internal stress scenarios, including analysis on key market and behavioral assumptions and management of ad hoc analysis
- Develop key risk analytic presentations and reports for senior management, business partners, various risk committees and regulators. Due diligence and attention to detail is critical
- Develop and evaluate proposals for new liquidity risk monitoring, metrics and stress tests
- Support efforts on development and execution of liquidity stress analysis and reporting around stressed capital impacts, legal entity views, currency views and structural liquidity views
- Participate in the development and build-out of the liquidity risk management process and infrastructure
- Interact and partner with Business Units and other corporate functions in order to obtain, understand, analyze and draw conclusions with respect to potential liquidity risks implications
- Assist with regulatory requests regarding liquidity risk
- 2+ years experience in risk management; liquidity/treasury risk, market risk and/or trading of fixed income products, preferably with a wide range of experience with financial and risk management techniques and systems preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as a high level of self-initiative required, including an ability to balance and execute multiple projects at once and deliver results under tight time constraints
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills. Commitment to execute tasks efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across different businesses and functional areas
- Demonstrated effectiveness working independently and in multi-disciplinary teams
- Understanding of stress testing, various return measures and experience with stress construction
- Understanding of fixed income market, including cross currency swaps, interest rates swaps, and basis risk
Education: An undergraduate degree is required.