We have an opportunity for an individual with compliance or regulatory experience to join our APAC Communication Control Group (CCG) in Japan. The successful candidate will possess a thorough understanding of regulations on marketing activities in Japan coupled with a pro-active attitude and strong communication skills.
The Communication Control Group (CCG) is a global function residing in the distribution business of J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Its mission is to deliver a framework and service that empowers the entire global asset management business to generate and disseminate regulatory compliant communications in the most effective and timely manner to our retail, intermediary and institutional clients. To achieve this, the group needs to actively engage with other functions across the distribution business: marketing, sales and client services, and the product desks. The team also retains a close partnership with the compliance organization as well as the CCG teams in US and EMEA.
As part of APAC CCG, Japan CCG acts in a role of Marketing Compliance taking the lead to safeguard the business by providing advice and guidance in preparing compliant communications in accordance with both the external rules and regulations and the internal firm-wide policies and the control mechanism. Japan CCG also assist on the marketing related governance topics to help facilitate effective and prudent practices that contribute to the long-term success of the business.
The function will have a reporting line to APAC CCG, as well as the APAC Chief Marketing Officer; and will partner closely amongst teams across APAC and Global.
As a member of the APAC CCG you will be responsible for working with the distribution business and product desks to ensure their client communications are subject to the appropriate, and most efficient, levels of control and oversight. You will need a thorough understanding of marketing regulations, a strong sense of collaboration and conviction, and core communication skills in order to clearly and concisely guide the business. The Japan CCG will review marketing materials disseminated predominantly in Japan.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Review of medium and high risk client communications/marketing materials for the Japan client base such as print ad, client presentations, brochures, digital properties and new communication templates.
• Pro-active engagement in the review of globally distributed client communications
• Oversight of low risk materials self-certified by the business
• Provide the business with day-to-day up-front content advice
• Involvement with the preparation and delivery of marketing training across the business.
• Help ensure that all areas of the business have appropriate policies and procedures in place
• Regulatory filing as required
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment and an awareness of the evolving mediums and methods used for marketing activities
Essential experience / knowledge / competencies
• Good academic or professional qualifications.
• Proven experience in a similar role either within the business, legal, compliance, controls department or within a regulator in relation to asset management products and services
• Experience reviewing social media and digital communications
• Experience working with a system based communication review process
• Clear and concise communicator with strong collaboration skills
• Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and priorities workload
• Strong attention to detail and quality.
• Organized and efficient working well under pressure and within tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and conviction are essential
• Fluent in English and Japanese.
• Holder of Internal Control Officer or Sales Representative Officer under JSDA (Japan Securities Dealers Association) rules.
Desirable experience / knowledge
• A practical working knowledge of all asset classes and financial instruments
• Experience working with the Documentum workflow tool
• Experience working within a large global organization
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.