This position is for a technical Project Manager for the Accounting manager application, part of the Investment Bank. As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. Best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Overall responsibilities include:
- The candidate will manage a complex and demanding book of work and be responsibility for project delivery. This will include analysis, solution design, development, testing, and user coordination and production release.
- Build strong partnership with Business, Operations, and other Technology teams whilst helping to implement
- Manage a complex & varied stream of project deliverables in terms of quality, timeframe and cost.
- Ensure reliability and stability of applications.
- Build, train and develop depth and skill of technology staff to improve overall delivery stream and quality of our application portfolio.
- Key Stakeholder management.
- Good levels of communication skills & reporting ability.
- Management and Leadership Skills. Must have excellent interpersonal, relationship and negotiating skills
- Ability to build relationships across the enterprise with Lines of Businesses, Technology, and Business where relevant
- Experience in managing project teams performing multiple projects in parallel.
- Experience in working in large global complex matrix organizations
- Cost consciousness and understanding of total cost of ownership
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including
- 8-12 Years of Strong experience in Technical Project delivery either with Business Analysis or development background.
- The candidate should be very comfortable working with techno-functional environment as interaction between developer teams & business groups is required.
- Knowledge on any RDBMS (e.g., SQL, Sybase, Oracle), Unix Scripting, Perl, Jenkins.
- Experience with Investment Banking – Managing projects across Front to back flows. Understanding of expected responsibilities for different transactional processing systems.
- Functional experience in financial applications would be a big advantage.
- Expert understanding of distributed technologies, with capability to intervene on a hands-on basis as required
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology
- Analyze potential risks and benefits in using specified solutions to address business requirements.
- Collaborate with team and come up with solutions for any identified problem by team.
- Must have experience in problem solving & process improvement.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran