The Columbus fixed income team is seeking a senior fixed income professional to manage and service existing relationships plus help grow client relationships on a national basis. This professional will contribute significantly to the fixed income team's thought leadership and market awareness by working with the firm's sales teams, consultants, and plan sponsors. This person's responsibilities will evolve consistent with the demands and growth of the business.
The CPM must build solid internal relationships and partnerships with the Columbus Fixed Income Portfolio Management Team and the firm's broad-reaching marketing and sales teams.
This position requires interaction and relationship building with existing clients, potential clients and consultants. The individual should be highly motivated by new business opportunities.
15 years’ experience related to both fixed income and a wide variety of institutional clients. Outstanding verbal communication and presentation skills are required for success in this role. Strong writing skills are preferred. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the competitive fixed income asset manager universe. The candidate should demonstrate an ability to satisfy client needs and meet business development objectives.
This position requires a dynamic, yet diplomatic and analytical professional who can:
- Demonstrate expertise in fixed income markets and products
- Understand portfolio construction and analyze performance
- Establish, build and sustain client relationships
- Run persuasive, confidence-building portfolio review meetings
- Deliver excellent responsiveness and problem solving skills for clients
- Generate ideas for improving product design and client communication
- Clearly communicate and coordinate with multiple constituencies
- Demonstrate adaptability, innovation, results orientation, and excellent teamwork skills
- Develop thorough understanding of broad investment process and products
- Partner with fixed income marketing to develop thought leadership, client communication, and marketing materials
- Participate in client meetings; gradually assume coverage of client accounts
- Oversee product specific marketing including RFPs
- Focus will be on broad market fixed income sectors and securities including investment grade corporate, ABS, CMBS, MBS, and Government debt.
- Ability to represent broad range of fixed income portfolio strategies with clients and consultants as a highly credible alternative to portfolio managers
- Ability to market and close new business
- Become a primary point person for due diligence meetings, formal presentations and meetings on US Value Driven Team products and overall fixed income markets
- Be a leading voice in communication strategy to reflect our intellectual capital-writing newsletters, articles, white papers, industry events
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in business or economics from a leading university. Strong preference will be given to candidates with their CFA designation.