JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
GTI – Infrastructure Software Development (ISD) is focused on delivering infrastructure software development across all of JPMC’s computer and storage services. We drive product innovation, establish and enforce a consistent software development process across GTI compute services, and partner with the GTI architecture and product teams to ensure alignment with overall product design and requirements.
We work on the most critical problems and figure out how to add value. Our software engineers are self-driven, creative problem solvers who embrace every opportunity to learn and grow as professionals. We aren't just coders writing code - we are software professionals who are passionate about software craftsmanship and delivering solutions. We use industry best practices to work with our business partners to deliver the right business value. Pair Programming, TDD / BDD, Refactoring, and Continuous Delivery are deeply embedded in the way we work.
Who we are looking for:
Senior NO-SQL/Big-Data engineers who are independent, inventive problem solvers willing to embrace every opportunity to learn and grow as software professionals. Individuals with a strong computer science or related engineering background, who enjoy pair programming, recognize the value of end to end testing, and are willing to learn new technologies and languages. Most importantly, we look for individuals that have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, and team collaboration.
Proficiency in following:
- Expertise in big-data ‘database’ design and execution using Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience with building and maintaining Big Data and Fast Data applications using Open source software like Spark, Flume, and Kafka on Cassandra / Hadoop
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- A passion for building software, and a long term career, as a software technologist
- Demonstrated leadership in an agile team
- Applied experience working with data center technology, such as converged infrastructure, storage, server, and/or networking in a work environment.
- Experience in end to end testing using TDD concepts and supportive tools like Cucumber,
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- 5+ years’ experience building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably in a Unix or Linux platform
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and their performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using system and software security and entitlements such as SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD
- Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.