This is a key position supporting the team of senior finance leads in modeling, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting for ~$10B in Consumer & Business Banking (CBB) Net Interest Income (NII) and ~$600B in deposit balances.
The candidate must be driven and self motivated with the ability to understand and complete the day to day activities for the CBB balance sheet and P&L, as well as monthly estimates, long range budgeting and forecasting, and complex adhoc analysis.
The candidate must be process-oriented to help develop efficient, controlled procedures for reporting estimates, closing the books, and budgeting & forecasting. Utilizing many sources/tools to adequately monitor and report the detail components of NII is also critical.
The candidate must be able to work closely with business partners and others across the lines of businesses represented in Consumer & Business Net Interest Income, especially P&A, Treasury and Consumer & Business deposit product management.
Review and analyze financial and performance metrics that drive the consumer and business Net Interest Income – daily/weekly/monthly balance changes, product mix, interest rates, etc.
Work closely with finance leads to understand the implications of different interest rate scenarios on balance growth and net interest margin.
Communicate financial results with internal business partners.
Actively participate in the CBB balances and NII for Other Assets and Liabilities (OAL) including cash, capital, long-term debt.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline or equivalent work/training.
- 2-4 years of financial analysis experience.
Should be organized, team-oriented, and flexible; have initiative, and good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Dynamic thinker with the strong problem solving/creative thinking skills.
- Strong PC skills with extensive knowledge of Power Point, Microsoft Excel and Essbase.
- Strong sense of ownership expected; candidate must thrive in a face paced environment and drive results in an environment of ambiguity and change.
- Ability to leverage the data warehouse to run queries to perform routine and adhoc analysis for key drivers would be add bonus