Java/Scala Software Engineer
Glasgow Technology Centre
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Our team is focused on building highly-performant trade event processing systems utilizing a common architecture with component re-use across lines of business. This role provides the opportunity to work with a flexible, modern technology stack, utilizing best-practice software engineering techniques, such as Test Driven Development.
Ideal candidates will have a strong Java background with hands-on experience in design and implementation of highly-resilient, low-latency event processing platforms and a proven track record of delivering solutions. Candidates will be expected to have a key role in the design and implementation of the product.
Developers will be working as part of an agile team and will be expected to participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming and to be actively engaged in our continuous improvement process.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages Core Java 8, Scala, Spring, JMS/MQ and RDBMS e.g. Oracle
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Experience of building object oriented and message based event driven applications for high volume and low latency applications.
- Solid experience of having worked on the full software development life cyle. Appreciation of Agile tools and techniques.
- Experience of different types of data models such as ODS, Datamarts, Data warehouse and tuning sql query performance.
- Experience of UI technologies such as HTML5/ExtJS/Angular/React
- Proven experience of no sql databases such as Cassandra and Hadoop
- Proven experience of building applications using Rest based micro-services architecture
- Proven experience of using test automation frameworks such as JUNIT, Cucumber, SPOCK.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.