The Strategy and Business Development team is responsible for the implementation efforts for various strategic initiatives for the Firm’s Small Business franchise. This group reports to the CEO of Business Banking. Business Banking, along with our key partners in CCB and Commercial Banking, is in the process of developing and executing on key strategic initiatives to transform how we do business with our small business customers.
The team is currently looking for Analysts to assist with the execution of these key strategic initiatives. Examples of the work include partnership development within the innovation economy (e.g., how to expand Chase’s value proposition to startups), and improving cross-LOB client servicing.
• Manage creation of presentations for senior executives and other groups that effectively communicate key recommendations, status of overall program including accomplishments, investment asks, challenges, areas of focus, etc.
• Partner closely with representatives from individual working teams to develop and evolve strategic roadmaps. Coordinate these efforts across different LOBs and functional areas and identify interdependencies, etc.
• Own development of data analysis and research required to develop recommendations. Analyze client segments and profitability metrics
• Lead projects, often with great independence, to support the Strategy team
• Manage working team meetings including working with other members of the team to set agenda, prepare meeting materials, engage in certain project management deliverables such as tracking project status updates and providing follow-up with owners of action items
Experience and skills
• BA/BS, with 2+ years of related experience including management consulting, in-house strategy, investment banking, or project management
• Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools (absolutely required)
• Due to the small size of the team, this individual must be highly flexible, willing to roll up their sleeves and engage in all tasks expected of the team. Positive attitude is a must
• Ability to communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written) and to synthesize information into well summarized documentation or presentations
• Strong execution focus and attention to detail
• An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches (including comfort in working with large data sets) and work well in cross-functional teams
• Strong work ethic, proactive and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Eagerness to work in a fast paced, results driven environment
• Strong project management skills. Highly competent in the coordination of significant numbers of workstreams with simultaneous deliverables across multiple teams.
• Strong executive presence, comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
• Knowledge of Business Banking, Commercial Banking sales and operations process a plus
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.