The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The team is responsible for providing the data backbone to the Finance organization storing all finance information and
calculating aggregations and supporting internal management reporting and external regulatory reporting. The team
leverages Java Open Source and Big Data technologies to provide data management tools, calculators and financial
reporting engines. The team is looking for proactive and hands-on application architect who can solve critical business
problems with innovative technology solutions and have responsibility to implement multiple core components of this architecture.
Additional Aspects of the role include creating logical designs, describing the deployment of the designs on a physical platform, translating logical designs into systems artifacts, recognizing alternatives and proposing choices throughout the creation of the logical and physical design patterns
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in building out enterprise level solutions in Financial Industry
- Strong application design skills
- Strong OO skills – Python, Java, Scala
- Strong database skills – Oracle, SQL, Stored Procedures
- Strong analytical and communication skills both written and verbal
- Desire to learn big data platforms – Spark, Hadoop, Impala, Sqoop, Oozie
- Familiar with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, LEAN, etc
- Familiar with development tools such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SVN/Crucible/Jira, Get/Stash, etc
- Experience in end to end release of highly reliable applications including Design, development and testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Compute Science/Software Engineering (or related fields).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong business system, analysis and development experience
- Logical and Physical design experience
- Minimum of one year of work experience as an architect in applications development