The Market Data Services (MDS) team is responsible for a global market data spend in excess of $500m/pa as well as a number of high profile investment initiatives.
The Glasgow MDS team that manages and drives strategic programs to support J.P. Morgan’s trading, exchange mandatory upgrades and integration projects is looking for a new member.
A strong ability to work on market data projects is a must, as daily tasks and projects will require a clear understanding on how trading systems and exchanges interact and exchange data.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and an innovative thinker with a strong focus on quality of delivery and a continuous focus on improving existing processes, procedures and applications.
Requirements & Key Responsibilities
- Requirements gathering & technical planning
- Business, client and vendor liaison
- Coordination of plan, build and testing activities
- Provide 3rd line Support for the Market Data ECN applications
- Work as part of the MDS organisation to meet overall objectives
- Maintain documentation in-line with best practice to ensure knowledge accessibility and continuous learning within team
- Self motivated, innovative and self starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and partner with business, development, operate and infrastructure teams globally
- Strong business focus and a clear understanding that technology is the means to achieving business goals.
- Ability to learn and assimilate knowledge of proprietary and vendor systems quickly
- Effective partnership skills to work with the business to ensure requirements are captured correctly
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment where time to delivery and/or resolution is critical to protect/increase revenue stream
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple tasks at the same time in a complex environment
- Strong knowledge of the project lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC
- Strong knowledge of Project Management concepts and tools
- Strong analysis skills
- Strong market data knowledge and experience dealing with the intricacies of vendors and exchanges
- Strong knowledge of trading (buy/sell sides)
- Experience with vendor software
- Familiarity with networking concepts, understanding of TCP/IP concepts
- Experience of working in financial services company
- Experience of business process improvement
- Experience of infrastructure projects
- Excellent Excel/ data mining skills
- Experience of scripting/automation
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran