J.P. Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors and institutions. Our investment professionals are located around the world, providing strategies that span the full spectrum of asset classes.
As one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world, with assets under management of over $1.6 trillion, we provide global market insights and a range of investment capabilities that few other firms can match.
Throughout our long and distinguished history, we have been steadfastly committed to putting our clients' interests first. This fiduciary responsibility defines our relationship with clients and informs the basis of every decision we make on their behalf. This core principle is the foundation of our business as we work to understand our clients' needs, offer informed advice and execute strategies to generate excess returns and provide world-class client solutions.
Portfolio Analysis Group
J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s Portfolio Analysis Group (“PAG”) is responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analytics for external clients and serves as a value-added source of independent analysis and thought leadership for internal clients including portfolio managers, front office advisors, sales & marketing and senior management. Analysis types and activities include, but are not limited to, rate of return calculations, return attribution, risk analytics, competitive analysis and performance composite construction. This analysis is instrumental to help external clients understand drivers of return in their portfolios and help us internally measure the effectiveness of our products and strategies.
PAG has professionals in 7 countries and 11 locations. Included are a dedicated business management team, program management team and oversight & control team which support the group. We serve different client groups through two main lines of business:
1) Global Investment Management which is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors worldwide with a clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns. With over 400 different strategies, Global Investment Management spans the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity.
2) Global Wealth Management which includes both the Ultra High Net Worth and High Net Worth businesses, offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities.
PAG seeks an Associate in our NY office to focus primarily on our expanding Global Investment Management line of business related to Fixed Income performance measurement and attribution BAU as well as current and expected project work. The primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Ensuring accuracy of the investment performance and attribution calculations on a broad spectrum of fixed income portfolios with a primary focus on the attribution deliverables
• Participate in projects from PAG standpoint - engage with other internal teams to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to our complex client demands
• Determining sources of alpha and identifying the factors responsible for these results
• Convey these messages confidently to senior members of the Firm in meetings or in written form
• Daily interaction with relationship managers, portfolio managers and investment team members
• Validate and review controls in light of key business projects, business changes and operational events such as migrations, new products, on-boarding/off-boarding and system implementations
• Work with the PAG Controls team to ensure that all Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) are complete, accurate and up-to-date and tested thoroughly
• Participate with the PAG Controls team to ensure that any action plans are completed in a timely and accurate fashion
• Ensure that all procedures and process flows pertaining to the US IM Portfolio Analysis Group are accurate and up-to-date
• Participate in business contingency events and fulfill all testing requirements
• Provide key performance metrics related to performance measurement and attribution space
• Engage with other internal teams on project work to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to our complex client demands
• Associate level, 3-5 years financial services experience with experience in performance measurement and attribution strongly preferred. CFA or MBA is a plus.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change
• Strong understanding of the financial services securities/products and portfolio accounting are essential, along with applied knowledge of performance methodology. Comprehension of complex fixed income instruments, structured products, and derivatives is fundamental to the role
• Strong analytical and strategic background in the financial services industry with technology experience; understanding of characteristics of cross-geographical data.
• Strong relationship management skills to build sustainable and productive alliances across matrix organizations. Experience in partnering with a diverse team composed of staff and analysts located in multiple locations and time zones
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships with stakeholders
• Strong understanding of the financial services products and portfolio accounting are essential, along with applied knowledge of performance and attribution methodologies. Comprehension of complex fixed income instruments, structured products, and derivatives is fundamental to the role
• The candidate will have established quantitative skills with strong cognitive and problem solving capabilities and a proven track record working in a collaborative, fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• The candidate will be expected to operate with an ownership mindset across the broader set of production and project deliverables within the overall program to better understand user needs and evolving business requirements.