JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Corporate Human Resources plays an integral role in designing, implementing, and managing global initiatives across the firm. The functional areas within Corporate HR include global Recruiting, Training, Talent and Development, Career Management, Diversity, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Technology, Finance and HR Service Delivery ( HRSD). Our Human Resource professionals within these areas are among the most talented and innovative in the industry. They take a proactive approach to identifying and proposing solutions to organizational challenges, often working side by side with business managers to attract, manage and retain high-potential talent. Through a focus on continuous improvement and long-term success, Corporate HR helps refine our corporate culture, define our firm wide vision and reinforce our reputation as a world-class employer.
Launched in 2015, LEADERSHIP EDGE is JPMorgan Chase’s firm-wide suite of management training programs designed to help develop outstanding leaders at all levels of management across each line of business, function and region.
Reporting to the Head of Design, the person in this role will design, develop, and maintain blended learning curricula for the Firmwide Leadership Edge Manager and Leaders programs. To be successful this individual will bring their deep subject matter and design expertise and will closely partner with the Leadership Edge Instructional Designers, the Relationship Managers, other subject matters experts and vendors. The primary responsibility will be to lead the design and development of managerial and leadership content that is creative and learner-centered, that can be delivered globally using face-to-face, virtual classroom, social group learning and self-directed e-learning modalities.
- Implement the overall instructional design strategy as well as the move towards a new learning paradigm focused on social and informal learning, embedding of the 70/20/10 model and use of new technology (gamification, mobile learning, MOOCs, wikis etc.)
- Develop new concepts and ways to design, develop, update and implement instructor led, online and written development solutions for all levels of leaders across the global organization
- Use industry knowledge and external partnerships to ensure connection to current relevant trends.
- Using sound instructional design knowledge/experience and adult learning methodologies to create storyboards, script, course content, job aides, learner guides and learner directions.
- Ensure the instructional integrity of training projects through systematic design and clear writing of narratives, on-screen text and/or selection of third party content/resources.
- Contribute toward instructional design and development standards for all existing and future training programs.
- Partner with Learning Operations team to ensure the systems, platforms and processes (including evaluations, metrics, delivery of virtual sessions, etc.) are aligned with the design strategy.
- Partner with the relationship managers to create and implement a process to assess and scope leadership development needs for various levels of leaders across the firm.
- Partner with faculty head to design and deliver train the trainer sessions
- Create a controls process and timing for content management including content reviews, legal reviews, communicating changes to faculty, etc.
- Partner with Technology lead to create blended learning solutions for leadership development and to ensure that new learning technologies are being utilized as appropriate
- Create design principles and development standards for all existing and future training programs, with a strong emphasis on application based adult learning methodologies.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and external vendors, if/as needed, to determine course content, project goals, scope definitions, learning needs and timelines to create and design learning tools.
- Develop and implement metrics to assess the effectiveness and business impact of instructional design programs and materials developed.
- Help create a rigorous process to gather feedback on content and pro-actively conduct regular content reviews to adjust/update/refresh as required
- Conduct and/or support Train-the-Trainer sessions for facilitators as needed
- Help develop a strategy for ongoing development, follow-up and refreshers to ensure continuous learning.
- Guide, coach, and support instructional designers and peers in the team.
- Deep subject matter expert in Leadership & Management development thinking with a track record of providing innovative, business focused solutions
- Passionate about the use of leadership and management development to drive culture change
- Ability to apply design theories and adult learning principles in the design and development of blended learning approaches and solutions
- Willingness to push the boundaries of established learning paradigms and to take risks in trying new things out
- Well networked in external learning and academic communities
- Track record of using technology that supports leadership development e.g. development tools, authoring tools, group learning, mobile learning, e-learning platforms and gamification techniques. Working knowledge of learning management systems including the creation and administration of courses, offering and reporting.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organizational structure, developing strong relationships with all level of employees.
- Progressive and innovative with a strong blend of technical capability, design ability, change management and business savvy.
- Highly consultative and collaborative. Demonstrated ability to marshal resources across various lines of business to deliver against a goal.
- Demonstrated ability to move between the strategic and highly tactical with ease.
- Ability to understand and analyze current and future business needs, anticipate change and collaborate successfully with clients, stakeholders, and vendors to meet the various business objectives.
- Strong writing, presentation and training skills. Public speaking/facilitation skills;
- Experience of delivering management and leadership development.
- Willingness to travel to support regional training requirements, if/when required.
- Consistently demonstrates a high level of client/customer satisfaction for stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree required. Masters or PhD Degree in Psychology, Instructional Design, OD, E-learning or related experience/credentials a strong plus.