Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams.
We are seeking an experienced infrastructure engineer with a development background who can drive both infrastructure and software transformation across the Athena platform. The successful candidate will have experience of modern software design patterns and container based architectures, alongside recent hands-on experience with public and/or private Cloud platforms.
Alongside these exciting responsibilities, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to the existing code base to provide innovative solutions to infrastructure problems and deliver automated solutions.
- Driving transformation of the Athena platform to a service-oriented architecture that enables deployment across a diverse range of platforms such as Cloud, on-prem datacentres and compute grids
- Define controls and standards for newly adopted technologies and develop migration plans to drive transformation.
- Expand and improve the current infrastructure code base. Automate maintenance routines to support day to day activities.
- Help guide projects with performance concerns to understand bottlenecks, propose, implement and deliver enhancements.
- Participate in the resolution of production incidents related to Core services. Help resolve the immediate performance issue, then conduct analysis & investigations and in some cases implement follow-ups.
- A successful track record within Infrastructure design and transformation roles
- Hands-on experience of public Cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with containerisation through industry standard products such as Docker
- Experience with scripting and compiled languages, especially Python and C++
- Strong development skills
- Problem solving and debugging skills
- A motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- A demonstrated history of thinking strategically and seeing projects through to successful completion
Kubernetes, Cloud engineering, Strong all round technologist, Python
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran