As an Infrastructure Developer you will be required to document, support, and debug an API Management service using vendor supplied software. You will bring in strong systems engineering skills, provide L3 support and comprehensive consultation at the highest technical level. You will work closely with the product owner to design, automate, test and implement services and procedures. Additionally, you will research and evaluate emerging solutions, enhancements, and make recommendations. The ideal candidate must be able to handle defining and implementing on any technical engineering and operations tasks / process on a day to day basis.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
• Work closely with product owner and service delivery team to ensure appropriate business measures are defined when evaluating and testing new versions
• Perform engineering & operational support (level 3 and 4) for the Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) API Management services
• Execute/Implement PoC’s with internal customers of the service and provide information as well as be able to influence teams across the organizational boundaries. Good presentation skills are a must have.
• Assist application teams to ensure adherence to application engineering guidelines, processes and procedures
• Ensure compliance with API standards, and contribute to develop enforceable standards.
• Perform regular maintenance and resiliency activities
• Recommend, plan, coordinate, and implement regular software hygiene such as patching and upgrades
• Analyze logs and provide recommendations and remediation for common issues proactively
• Conduct capacity and performance testing and provide recommendations based on results
• Automate the installation, configuration and repeatable maintenance tasks to increase team productivity
• Operate the service infrastructure; ensure stability and resiliency of the systems at all times.
• Minimum 7 years of experience with 3 years of relevant experience in APIGEE API Gateway/IBM API Connect.
• Troubleshoot and fix the issues related to policy, performance and also knowledge on configuring the Apigee Edge/IBM API Connect components in all environments.
• Experience in design, develop, and configure APIs( Rest and Soap) and policies using API Gateways / Management products.
• Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure and certificates. Should be familiar with using certificates for message signing and mutual TLS
• Knowledge on OAuth and its related Configuration and Customization in API Gateway and SAML authorization flows.
• Hands-on experience for REST and SOAP Web Services, JSON and XML
• Experience on Linux based systems, with Strong scripting ability (Bash, Python), Good Knowledge on Cron jobs and Shell scripting.
Additional Skills that will be a plus:
• Linux system administration skills
• Knowledge on LDAP, ADFS, CA siteminder. Ping Federate, Axiomatics is a plus
• Ansible, Puppet, or Chef experience (or any other configuration management system)
• Splunk or ELK implementation experience (identifying KPIs to track, building dashboards, trending of data to improve performance or reliability)
• Agile development team experience
• Docker / Kubernetes experience
• Understanding of networking concepts – Subnets, load balancing (local and global), and firewalls.
• Altassian product suite – JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.