The Chase Marketing and Customer Analytics team is an analytics center of excellence to marketers across the bank to analyze and optimize marketing programs while delivering a great experience for our customers. The team provides specialized skills in big data, business intelligence, (web) analytics, program analysis and optimization. Turning insight into action for marketers across all lines of business (card, retail, mortgage), media types (paid, owned & earned) and marketing channels (video, display, search, affiliate, mobile, email and social), the team is critical to the overall efficacy of marketing across the firm. The team has industry leading tools, processes and skills to convert analytics and insights into significant value for the business and our customers.
In this role, you will be the analytical expert for optimizing digital marketing and media programs across the organization. Your expertise and insights will provide optimization for marketing plans (media), test & learn agendas and overall marketing efficiency for Chase. You will partner with strategic marketers to help them map their business goals into optimized marketing programs through your deep understanding and incorporation of digital analytics and optimization. You will have a hand in the efficient use of marketing across the firm.
Your goal will be to make the insights from data analysis actionable to drive results across multiple brands, products and channels. Success in this role requires a strong foundation in data and analysis skills coupled with a proven ability to translate analytical insights in to comprehensive optimized marketing action plans. Expert communication and collaboration skills are a must in tandem with a deep desire to optimize marketing plans that deliver significant value to the organization. Your key responsibilities will include:
Media & Marketing Optimization
- Collaborate with marketing partners on devising data-driven analysis that generate actionable insights for paid marketing programs
- Define measurement plans for campaigns that link key business outcomes to performance measures and operational drivers
- Ensure marketing optimization best practices are incorporated across the enterprise
- Operates within established risk tolerances and meets risk and compliance obligations for marketing execution
- Forecast scenarios for future marketing opportunities that leverage insights from analytical tools (like media mix modeling and multi-channel attribution)
- Define requirements for tracking, tagging and sourcing digital data across various platforms and sources to support key business objectives and actionable analysis
- Guide implementation and refinement of data gathering across a multitude of platforms, including: web analytics, ad servers, mobile web sites/apps, bid management tools, search, email, social, content management, affiliate, video, etc.
- Use web analytics (Adobe Insight/Adobe Site Catalyst), and other data tools/platforms (SQL, SAS, Greenplum & Hadoop) to assemble data from multiple sources
- Produce succinct reports highlighting results and key insights of digital programs using a combination of business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) and Excel
- Participates in analytical assessments of marketing performance, isolating key drivers of performance
- Generate insights that can be leveraged to optimize strategic improvements in marketing effectiveness going forward
- Create and present analysis that translate complex analysis into compelling marketing recommendations for business partners