JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
The Core Foundation Services team (CFS) is responsible for providing end to end support for critical technologies that are used across the company. This includes Configuration and Orchestration, Identity Management, Name Services, Enterprise Monitoring Solutions, and automation tools used to manage these technologies.
This role will be located in the CFS team. More specifically this role will be in team that is responsible for managing the application that is the standard firm-wide tool for Application Deployment.
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and up keep of our core applications.
- Capacity and resiliency planning.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind
- Ongoing assessment of the existing environment with a relentless focus on continuous improvement.
- Fielding escalations from the support organization and providing solutions in partnership with the vendors when necessary.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second-tier escalations
- Experience in doing Tier 3 Support duties, DevOps, or software engineering
- Have strong hands on experience private cloud deployments. Deploying software to private cloud & debugging issues.
- Good knowledge of the UNIX Operating System
- 4+ years production experience in one of: Java, Python
- Experience with SDLC tools (Stash/Git, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins etc).
- SQL/Database knowledge
- Experience with Apache Web/Apache Tomcat settings and configurations.
- Good communication skills
- Improvement focused – expect to be asked what Keizen means!
- Hates doing the same thing more than twice – ie a person who naturally automates
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Expected to be self-sufficient for most part. So when the engineer needs a quick tool, the expectation is that they will build it themselves. Hence coding experience in Python (preferably) will be a great value
- Knowledge of monitoring tools
- Knowledge of config management and/or deployment tooling, eg CFEngine, Puppet, Ansible
- Familiarity with Cassandra, Hadoop infrastructure components.
- Agile, Scrum, Kanban