Reporting to the Director of Mainframe Software, the successful candidate will be a member of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s Global Technology Infrastructure organization. As part of this high-performance group, this individual will lead a team responsible for the plan/design/build development and day-to-day support of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s Mainframe core infrastructure software and associated tools. This high-energy, results-oriented job requires a balance of strong people skills, leadership, technical skills and business processes, a sense of urgency resolving problem issues, creativity, work schedule flexibility, adaptability to changing business conditions, and a commitment to a positive customer experience.
The Director of Mainframe Core Software Infrastructure Development is a leadership role in the Mainframe Software Engineering Team. This role is accountable for planning the future direction of the Mainframe Operating Systems, Network, and Third Party software environment, contributing to successful execution of key Mainframe projects, and ensuring the technical stability of the Mainframe Core Infrastructure Software. The following are key responsibilities of this role:
• Managing a global, diverse team responsible for Mainframe Core Infrastructure software development; including delegating work assignments, performance reviews, and staff development.
• Research and development of Mainframe OS, Network and Third party software technology strategy, as well as documentation and execution of related roadmaps.
• Maintaining close partnerships with internal Line of Business customers to create positive customer experiences.
• Leading the diagnosis and resolution of technical problems, and Root Cause investigation.
• Ensuring a culture of Minimizing and Controlling Risk.
• Providing input to senior management on infrastructure-related topics and challenges.
• Using infrastructure performance reports/metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
• Passion for identifying automation opportunities using industry standard scripting and Restful API development.
• Partnering with industry suppliers to drive the technology forward based on JP Morgan Chase & Co.’s business needs.
Ideal candidate to have 7 or more years of current experience managing a global, diverse team of infrastructure systems developers and will have some past working experience with core infrastructure software.
SKILLS REQUIRED: A minimum of 5 years management experience. A minimum of 5 years direct hands-on experience performing systems/infrastructure engineering, networking, or application programming. Strong interpersonal skills, communications skills, and ability to work as a leader are essential.
DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: A working knowledge of mainframe computing systems a plus.
EDUCATION: BS in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related field (or equivalent experience).
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.