JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as Flexible Work Arrangements with periodic work from home and non-standard business hours, fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
The Construction Management Group provides pre-closing construction document review and post-closing construction draw risk management services for several lines of business within JPMorgan Chase. A strong background in the construction industry is preferred. The Operations Manager has primary responsibility for strategy, communication and execution of both strategic and tactical initiatives for the business units they support. The Operations Manager works in conjunction with loan closers and disbursers, line of business staff and management, technology partners, credit risk and line of business strategy and planning groups. The Operations Manager will oversee a staff located in Dallas and Chicago; the location of the manager is in Chicago, IL.
As a Operations Manager, your job description would include:
Resolve matters escalated to them regarding construction and problems related to construction
Oversee compliance and regulatory initiatives and audits associated with their group
Provide oversight for all control activities including the performance of Control Self-Assessment (CSA) testing
Determine efficiencies within the business and sponsor productivity and quality efforts
Prioritize and lead/participate in constant stream of projects required of the business. Align resources to ensure projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
Assign work and distribute workload across teams
Interface with technology and reporting teams
Directs business review process and business resiliency efforts
Manages all reporting needs for the group (i.e. development of additional operational metrics to measure production, performance, efficiencies, long term planning, etc. as well as the preparation of Sr. Management reports for the lines of businesses that we support).
Oversees all administrative and support activities for the department (e.g. monitoring workflow through the department, consultant engagement, processing, staffing, compensation issues, etc.).
Coordinates administrative activities for the department related to facilities planning
Oversees portions of vendor management and customer complaint initiatives
Coordinates and manages budget activities
Prepare all presentations and material for line of business training initiatives
Determine and execute strategies to enhance employee recognition and satisfaction
Partner with appropriate groups to enhance talent management and diversity
- Four year degree in construction related study – architecture, engineering, construction
- Five years construction industry experience
- Five years management experience with local and remote staff
- Ability to prioritize and plan complex, cross-functional initiatives by partnering with a variety of stakeholders and constituents
- Effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization, including executive management
- Experience coaching, motivating, and developing a diverse staff, including excellent interpersonal skills (listening, influencing, negotiating, conflict resolution)
- Strong project planning and management abilities in combination with proven teamwork and influential skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and produce successful results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively; develop strong partnerships with all levels of employees
- Act with a sense of urgency and prioritize where necessary
- Ability to respond quickly to critical business needs
- Strong analytical, planning, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Proficient in resource management, organizational and/or operational change management, talent management, budget/financial management
- Ability to analyze management information to recommend, plan, and implement improved processes, technology, etc.
- Understanding of operational risk management and control methodologies and applicable regulations
- Proven ability to leverage technology to improve businesses processes and knowledge of technology enhancement methodologies