JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure Service Delivery (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for JPMorgan Chase, partnering with all lines of business to deliver a wide range of high-quality products and services. We provide exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost-effective manner by following three strategic objectives:
Stability and Security – Deliver a controlled, stable, resilient and secure operating environment
People – Develop and manage our people to build a high-performing, delivery-focused team
Delivery – Deliver business value through technology while improving efficiency and productivity
Data Center Services (DCS) is a sub-group within GTI
Data Center Services (DCS) is responsible for the development of Data Center Strategy and Architecture to meet the firm’s compute and storage capacity requirements. DCS is also responsible for the management of Data Center capacity, placement, governance reporting, and metrics. DCS is accountable for Global Data Center management, incident support, and operations including Moves, Adds, Changes, and Cabling. DCS is also responsible for the Global Media management function, providing physical data guardianship of removable media for the Data Center sites.
The Data Center Services (DCS) organization, together with Supply Chain, works to deliver seamless end-to-end Data Center services for the firm-including provisioning of all core infrastructures services (network, storage, and compute).
The role is part of a client focused Data Center operations team working in shifts to manage the firm’s Data Center environments in India. The objective of the team is to manage the balance between businesses led technological change and the need to ensure that systems maintain high availability and low risk of information loss. This is achieved through managing compliance with Global standards, policies and Standard Operating Procedures covering: Physical Access Control, Data Center Operations, Asset Management, Logistics, Media Operations, Break fix and Incident Resolution.
This role will report to the India Data Center Site Manager.
As a Data Center Site Engineer you will be specifically responsible for:
· Part of a client focused Data Center operations team that manages the firm’s Data Center environments
in India in compliance with Global, Regional, and Local standards, policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Physical Access Control
- Asset Management
- Media Operations
- Break fix and
- Incident Resolution
- The successful applicant will be required to work on a 24 x 7 shift basis with rotating on-call responsibilities.
· Daily activities will include:
- Installation of new equipment into data center equipment racks;
- Installation of new cabling and cable management;
- Removal of decommissioned equipment and cabling;
- Incident resolution and change management;
- Managing data center access for all visitors;
- Managing third party vendors to ensure compliance with JPMorgan standards;
- IT asset management including inventory management;
- Capacity management to ensure adequate headroom for future LoB and IT demands;
- Logistics tasks including deliveries of equipment and storeroom management; and
- Media operations.
· Ensuring all changes within or affecting the Data Center space comply with the change management process and are effectively evaluated for the potential impacts or risks to DC operations from proposed changes to production and development systems.
· Ensuring the implementation and maintenance of global operating processes and procedures.
· Alignment of operational activities to the company standards, technical vision, and roadmaps.
· Affecting change within sphere of influence and leading practices.
- Work with global peers to develop, update, and implement policies.
- Participation in Global Data Center Services forums for the development of innovative improvements and world-class Data Center practices and procedures.
- Driving continual service improvement.
Minimum of 5 years business experience:
· Proven track record in Data Center management and implementation within a large scale environment.
- Knowledge of Data Center technologies and associated environmental tooling and monitoring.
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and decision-making skills.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills on highly complex problems.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Strong customer support and results oriented.
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of server, network, and storage technologies.
- Understanding of copper and fiber optics standards.
- Understanding of power and cooling equipment and standards used in Data Centers.
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office software, SharePoint, and Skype.
- Experience managing long term projects including data center builds and migrations.
- Zeal to learn and improve.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication in English.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.