JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
We have a great opportunity to join our Global Investment Banking modelling team in NY as a VP, with a focus on models and associated infrastructure for Debt Capital Markets analytics.
The role will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to shape the future of models and analytics for the #1 Global Investment Banking franchise (IBD, M&A & Corporate Finance).
The successful quant/engineer will partner closely with bankers to explore multiple scenarios:
- Enhance Models/ Analytics in Banking
- Expand Quantitative Research platform into Banking
- Deal specific opportunity analysis
- Bespoke models working closely with senior business people e.g. Corporate Finance Advisory
- Advanced modelling (rethinking traditional workflows and existing methods)
This will be achieved by:
- Working to investigate, test and develop models and workflows
- Partnering closely with teams cross Quantitative Research on platform and analytics
- Engage with Banking on commercial opportunities and deliverables for external clients
- Partnering with data science team as well as CRM teams to drive analytics alerts using machine learning appropriately
- Master degree in a quantitative subject
- Very strong communication skills
- 5+ Experience in a Front Office/ Banking Quantitative role
- Very strong coding / code design
- Demonstrated experience building and deploying solutions
Desirable to have some of below (but not essential):
- PhD in Quantitative finance/engineering
- Strong experience in Python; C++
- Ideally experience in Debt Capital Market products (Bonds, Loans, associated products)
- Knowledge of M&A, Equity and Debt Capital Markets very valuable.