Global Technology Infrastructure Service Delivery (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for JPMorgan Chase, partnering with all lines of business to deliver a wide range of high-quality products and services. We provide exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost-effective manner by following three strategic objectives:
Stability and Security – Deliver a controlled, stable, resilient and secure operating environment
People – Develop and manage our people to build a high-performing, delivery-focused team
Delivery – Deliver business value through technology while improving efficiency and productivity
Subgroups within GTI
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global, strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
You will be responsible for maintaining the existing OS/Server builds, new maintenance releases, reviewing vendor security errata,certification of new hardware models and firmware and product certifications. We are always looking for opportunities to enhance, automate and add innovation to any of our existing solutions and services, highlighting, developing and driving these to closure are key to the success of this role. Hardware Platform Security, Stability, Hardware and OS Build Automations, Enterprise scale component failure Management/Monitoring/Alerting and Innovation are key common themes for all our offerings.
• Learn our process and procedures including release management
• Maintain Red Hat Builds, Windows and VMWare including certification of updates, security errata and maintenance
• Maintain Kickstart builds with Cobbler and CFEngine
• Certification of new Hardware vendors and models
• Certification of new or existing products used on Linux, Windows and VMWare
• Manage and prioritize with other team members, support and enhancement requests
• Maintain good documentation on our customer facing sites (Wiki, Sharepoint, etc..)
• Integration with and maintenance of HW monitoring, management and alerting strategies including BIOS, firmware and
• Collaborate with and escalate to OS Engineering and Support teams to resolve issues when needed.
• Respond to Hardware/Software Cyber related events and requests quickly and urgently.
• Maintain and document core standards and procedures
• Propose new concepts/solutions or research projects to team and IaaS engineering teams
• Collaborate with other teams to deliver solutions or services.
• Attend one or two training classes and year to further enhance your skills and knowledge
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Enterprise and/or VMWare at least 3+ years experience in large enterprise
• At least 5 years working with Open Systems
• Scripting with Bash, Python or Perl
• Experience with Virtualization VMware or KVM
• Experience with enterprise IT tools
• Good team ethics and know what it takes to make a successful team
• Strong understanding of X86 Hardware and Management tools
• Strong experience in Deploying and Operating Linux, UNIX and/or Windows at the SA level with a strong bias towards
automated deployment and operations experiences.
• Good understanding of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
• Good understanding of Windows Enterprise Server
• Good understanding of VMWare Enterprise Server
• RPM and yum
• Proficiency in Bash, Python, PERL, Shell Scripting, PowerShell and vendor APIs
• Ability to work and communicate well with a global engineering team, support and customer base
• Good understanding of Configuration Management
• Ability to innovate
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• CFEngine/Puppet or similar
• GIT or SVN
• Symantec Storage Foundation
• Cluster Solutions
• Keon, Tivoli
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.