JPMorgan Private Bank
Team Manager - Private Bank Client Service Solutions Center (TM)
JPMorgan Private Bank has been helping the world’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions for more than 160 years. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management with assets under supervision of $2.1 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion. With Private Bank advisors in 110 offices in 25 states and 20 countries, the Private Bank provides clients with a global perspective delivered through a local team focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth structuring, philanthropy, credit, and banking.
Team Manager is responsible for all activities of his/her team of approximately 15-20 Client Service Associates (CSAs) within the Private Bank Client Service Solutions Center.
Responsibilities include: ensuring that the team meets and exceeds client service targets, identifying and addressing areas of improvement or development, liaising with Private Bank advisors, middle-office, operations, and other lines of business within J.P. Morgan Chase.
A Team Manager's primary focus is to manage the day-to-day activities within their team, as well as address broader matters such as staff development, resource deployment, and personnel issues. Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to: coaching/mentoring, monitoring telephone call/email quality and work volumes, analyzing reports, approving workflows, evaluating staff performance, and acting as the CSA's initial escalation point for complex or sensitive client issues and complaints. TMs are also the key link between CSAs and Client Service Management; consequently, TMs play a crucial role in helping set the strategic direction for the overall group.
Due to a TM's responsibility for managing a team of FINRA licensed CSAs, they are required to have their Series 7, 63 and 24 licenses.
• Provide CSAs with guidance and resources for delivering high quality client service to Private Bank clients
• Manage team's daily work volumes and transactions accurately, within established deadlines, and in accordance with existing policies and procedures
• Research, follow-up, and resolve escalated client issues, problems, fraud concerns, and complaints through effective interaction with clients, bankers, product partners, branch/operations areas, and other partners in a timely and professional manner
Manage team’s effort to drive client adoption of digital service channels (i.e. JP Morgan Online, mobile app) to enhance client relationships and improve the service experience
• Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback via informal discussions, quarterly/semi-annual performance meetings, and the annual review process. Represent staff performance during semi-annual and annual talent evaluation reviews
Work with internal business partners to ensure service expectations are met, improve quality, and increase productivity
Monitor for high risk, fraudulent and phishing activity and ensure the security and safety of client assets and information
• Represent Client Service in broader initiatives within the Private bank and participate in the continuing strategic development of the Client Service operating model, and help validate proposed ideas/plans prior to implementation
• Play an integral role in guiding and supporting the team’s effort to deepen client relationships
• College degree or equivalent financial services/banking industry experience preferred
• Excellent judgment and decision making skills
• Strong leadership and management abilities; must be able to think strategically
• Solid communication, time management, and interpersonal skills; must be able to manage client expectations and conflict diplomatically and productively
• Keen understanding of the financial and banking industries
• Ability to manage staff in a high-volume call-center environment while adhering to strict procedural guidelines
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment; must be a change leader
• Solid comprehension of the Private Bank’s range of products, including: deposit, banking, brokerage, custody, investment management, fiduciary, mutual funds, and credit products and services
• Must understand and comply with the regulations, policies, and procedures related to these products and services, and reinforce with their team the possible financial liabilities of the transactions associated with these products and services if they are not executed properly
• Working knowledge of key areas of the firm (e.g., JPMorgan Funds, Cash Services, Retail Branch Network, Credit Products, Securities Operations, and Client Information)
• Solid understanding of systems and databases used within the Private Bank
• Disciplined approach to managing and acting upon key daily reports
• Strong comprehension of how data and information flow through the firm's processing and reporting systems, and an in-depth understanding of all operation roles and inter-dependencies
• Good project management skills; must be able to engage all participants and meet deadlines/deliverables
• Leadership experience
• Previous successful customer service or call center experience required, preferably in a Brokerage Customer Service environment
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Prior experience with call center systems a plus, but not required (e.g. Avaya CentreVu Supervisor, NICE Interactive, Aspect eSchedule Planner, Aspect Real Time Adherence)
• Certification or Registration
• Series 7/24/63 licenses required for position, but not necessary upon hiring. Licenses required within 90 days of hire date
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran