JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global
financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide.
The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers
and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and
asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan
Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of
the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under
its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is
available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JP Morgan Chase is currently seeking an experienced eDiscovery Associate/Analyst with Litigation/eDiscovery, Program, Project, Portfolio management, and/or IT process, application and database experience to join their eDiscovery Operations Delivery Services team.
The eDiscovery Operations team consists of IT professionals within the Legal Technology group under Corporate Technology and Risk (“CT&R”) who implement requests from Litigation and Compliance, and provide enterprise guidance, strategy and services for the management of ESI preservation and collection across formats.
The E-Discovery Associate/Analyst will resolve, and/or coordinate confidential Legal, Compliance, and HR related Retention, Collection and/or Investigation projects. Key criteria include:
- Conducting searches against messaging/archive and data processing systems
- Contributing to and enforcing process improvement and quality control
- Analyzing requests and managing projects
- Documenting process enhancements.
The successful candidate should have strong subject matter expertise in any one, or basic knowledge on more than one of the duties and responsibilities described below (eg. Process Improvement, Project Management, Operations Delivery, Process Documentation)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in collaboration with IT, Business Areas and Legal to identify opportunities where value-added services, process improvement and systems can provide significant business benefit.
• Improve delivery by providing information solutions for recovery, backup, investigative, security and forensic analysis of structured and unstructured data sources and systems.
• Contribute to new standard operating procedures, policies and processes as appropriate.
• Define, and drive project requirements and deliverables by identifying project funding, milestones, phases, and elements
• Evaluate and support, Operations, Risk, Portfolio, and Information management initiatives.
• Support the continuous improvement of eDiscovery operational processes globally, including request processing, research, preservation, collection and delivery.
• Familiar with retrieval or collection of ESI
• Coordinate with IT partners to restore and collect data with appropriate chain-of-custody documentation
• Ensure that Legal requests and Legal deadlines are being met, and case management systems are updated real time.
• Draft and/or review process management documentation.
• Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation.
• Support audit-related operational activities. This position is anticipated to require
the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these
systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and
credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of
accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The
enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing
employment or assignment
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate should have knowledge and experience on some of the following
• Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Degree, or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years experience in the IT field, preferably with L1, L2, L3 Helpdesk or Desktop Support, Infrastructure, or IT project management experience
• Intermediate PC skills in a Windows environment
• Strong transparent communicator and rapid decision-maker with a focus on customer satisfaction, quality, process, tools and people.
• Self-motivated, organized, team oriented person with the ability to resolve multiple confidential/sensitive, time-critical, and competing priorities and projects.
• Familiar, knowledge/use of eDiscovery Electronic Stored Information investigation, preservation disposition, recovery and analysis of data from IT Systems (e.g. MS Exchange, Lotus Notes, Magnetic Tape, Enterprise Vault, KVS, NAS Storage, Hard Drives, Assentor, Digital Safe) a strong plus.
• Familiar, knowledge/use of backup tape infrastructure (ArcServe, TSM, TDP, NetBackup) a strong plus.
• Familiar, knowledge/use of Lotus Notes and Microsoft Exchange mail platforms,
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Familiar, knowledge/use Voice Mail and Instant Messaging collection and preservation a plus
• Project Management ITIL, Sigma, PMP, and Certified Information Security background a plus
• Understanding of firm change management processes and procedures (SDLC, etc.) and experience working in a secure environment with sensitive data, including PII a plus.
• Familiar, knowledge/use or understanding of Legal chain-of-custody requirements, Regulatory processes, and basic Federal Rules of Civil Procedure a plus.