2018 COMMERCIAL BANKING PROGRAM
FULL-TIME ANALYST OPPORTUNITY – MMBSI
Provide comprehensive solutions, including lending and treasury services, to corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, real estate investors and owners. Commercial Banking is uniquely positioned to offer clients a wide range of best-in-class products and solutions – from businesses across the firm – to meet their domestic and international financial needs.
What You Can Expect
Work with professionals on a team, drawing from the full spectrum of the firm's resources to develop customized financial solutions to meet client needs. You’ll help clients with annual revenues ranging from $20 million to $2 billion achieve their financial goals.
“In Commercial Banking, we’re looking for leaders who can get the work done. You’ll be given the opportunities and tools you need to be the CEO of your own career.”
- Chad, Managing Director
Designed to provide you with the foundation needed for a successful career in Commercial Banking, our full-time analyst program will prepare you to understand and identify credit risks so that you can act as a trusted consultant to our clients.
You’ll begin with an intensive training program where you will learn about our products and services, clients and business practices. Under the leadership of our lending and training professionals, you will gain in-depth knowledge of accounting, commercial banking, underwriting, financial statement analysis, cash flow analysis and credit structuring. The program uses a full range of teaching methods such as lectures, team exercises, exams and case studies.
After completing the initial training program, you will join the following Commercial Banking business, where you will continue your classroom training and gain hands-on experience, working alongside clients and senior professionals.
- Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries offers opportunities to gain industry expertise and exposure to all lending and product areas, multiple industries, and a variety of client segments ranging from $20 million to $500 million in revenues. A local delivery model, coupled with the firm’s global resources, allows us to provide clients with customized, comprehensive solutions and exceptional service.
- Within Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI), we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industries. These experts:
- Have long-term industry experience and relationships
- Actively participate in key industry conferences and trade associations
- Understand the specific needs of businesses within the industry
- Possess in-depth knowledge of current industry trends, challenges and business opportunities
- Serve as subject matter experts on inherent risks and complexities within each industry
If you perform well in the analyst program, you will have the opportunity to join the banking team or credit/underwriting team.
An interest in Commercial Banking and in working with people, building relationships and providing the best customer experience possible is essential to this role.
- A BS/BA degree (Business, Finance & Accounting preferred; all majors considered)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and creative mindset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.