As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The role is part of a global cyber security assessments team delivering application and infrastructure testing. Primary focus of this role would be to perform hands on penetration testing of some of the most critical applications with JPMC, as well as conduct penetration tests of the associated infrastructure. Successful candidates will have good general knowledge of security concepts, significant experience, and proven expertise in both application and infrastructure assessments.
- 5+ years of experience with penetration testing against a wide variety of applications including web, mobile, and thick client above and beyond running automated tools
- Experience with penetration testing against internal and external facing corporate infrastructures
- Understanding of Security architecture both from a penetration testing and design point of view
- Experience working with application developers to validate, assess, understand root cause and mitigate vulnerabilities
- Experience documenting technical issues identified during security assessments and recommending improvements in the existing service support tools and “standard findings”
Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
- Application and infrastructure testing methodologies
- Architecture design and assessment (manual approach to penetration testing)
- Security concepts for both Windows and Unix related operating Systems
- Application and infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Exploit research and mitigation
- Assessment tools, such as scanners, administrative utilities, local proxies, debuggers, fuzzers, etc.
- Web technologies, solutions and attack vectors that apply to application technologies
- Threat modeling methodologies
- Security source code review or development experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, or Java
- Application reverse engineering techniques and procedures
- IDS and AV evasion techniques
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.