J.P. Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm. The firm is a leader in investment banking; financial services for consumers and businesses, transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMC brand, the firm services millions of customers in the United States and abroad. This includes many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Corporate Challenge application is an external facing branded portal where athletes and organizations enroll and manage participation in JPMorgan Corporate Challenge events. It is a public site promoting the brand and community involvement of JP Morgan. Its resiliency to cyber-attack, maintained utility, and overall robustness is critical due to its broad visibility and community outreach role.
This position will report to the TS Banking Production Management application support manager. The candidate will work in TS Global Banking group within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) of JPMorgan providing level 1 and level 2 support for the Corporate Challenge, the ACCESS payment and reporting suite of applications, and the Payables and Receivables applications. The candidate will be responsible for providing application support, monitoring, and hygiene across Production, Disaster Recovery, and to a limited extent, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) environments.
The candidate must have a strong application support and/or application development background and must demonstrate Oracle/SQL, Windows, and UNIX expertise. He or she must demonstrate the ability to solve problems, think logically, and extrapolate form the general to the specific. The candidate must possess strong written and oral skills and demonstrate them during the interviewing process. ITIL certification is desired but not required but the candidate must have a working knowledge of ITIL-based solutions with extensive experience in incident, change, problem and knowledge management. The candidate must have demonstrable experience with monitoring tools. Experience with Geneos, Dynatrace, Splunk and Sterling Control Center are highly desirable. The candidate must also have a strong working knowledge of distributed infrastructure and middleware.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to proactively manage production environment and actively drive improvement processes to eliminate incidents from recurring. He or she must anticipate problems and present ways to mitigate risk. The candidate will help develop effective production support procedures leveraging his or her experience in developing best practices and ITIL-based solutions.
The candidate must have experience composing and delivering senior level reports that concisely present the issue and impacts in business terms. The candidate must understand the need for timely escalation and be able present examples of doing so.
In this role, the candidate will work closely with our business and technology partner teams to monitor, tune, track and triage problems on all layers of the application, infrastructure and network. In this position, the candidate will be responsible to quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production issues efficiently and effectively. This is a high performance culture and the candidate must demonstrate they can work efficiently and quickly on an internet based system.
Finally, the candidate will be responsible for learning and understanding the business model and functions of the payables and receivables areas of CIB. This is a fundamental expectation as the analyst will be working with product management and business operational areas and will need to communicate technical issues in business terms.
- Perform health checks on Corporate Challenge, ACCESS, PWS, PNPP and Receivables Edge (applications)
- Design, implement, improve and utilize key monitoring tools
- Ensure application backups are executing as designed
- Manage, track and validate all changes to the Production, Disaster Recovery, and to a certain extent, UAT
- Manage incidents and leverage cross-functional teams to quickly eliminate impacts
- Report and escalate incidents to business and technology partners
- Manage and review all communications impacting applications
- Develop requirements for monitoring
- Identify historical trends and benchmarks are report metrics and KPIs
- Identify and document peak traffic, interfaces, SLAs and interdependencies
- Escalate issues/Risks effectively when necessary across supporting framework
- Provide continuous improvement across assigned areas of supporting framework
- Excellent prioritization, organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Solid experience in documenting requirements and technical specifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Influence and negotiation skills
- A strong application development background
- Proven experience designing and implementing proactive systems monitoring and health checks
- Incident management skills and experience
- Knowledge (documentation) management experience
- Experience of change management process in a large corporation
- Experience managing technical bridges and guiding problems to resolution
- Ability to influence and lead technical conversations with varied IT support groups
- Ability to coach and mentor employees and contractors
- Knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and tools
- Able to make trusted and unbiased judgments even under controversial circumstances
- Ability to align IT service offerings with business strategies, goals, and objectives
- Ability to influence key business stakeholders on IT agenda, goals, and objectives
- Ability to translate business requirements into proposed IT services & solutions
- Experience developing and implementing performance metrics
- Proven analysis, data management and reporting skills
- Solid project management skills, especially in a cross-functional environment
- IT process design & implementation skills and experience
- Strong technical documentation skills
Specific Skills and Background Required:
- Bachelors degree or educational equivalent
- Previous experience in a financial services firm (preferred)
- Fundamental understanding of infrastructure hygiene analysis and remediation
- 3+ years direct experience in production monitoring / application support
- Strong monitoring tools knowledge, preferably in Geneos
- Strong proactive problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge management and documentation skills
- Excellent time management stills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- 3 + years in one or more of the following
- Technical operations
- Distributed systems operations
- Hands on experience managing client/server applications (required)
- Hands on experience with UNIX based systems (required)
- Hands on experience with UNIX commands and utilities (required)
- Hands on experience with Wintel / IIS
- Specific software/infrastructure knowledge to include Unix/Linux, webSphere, Java, cron/shell scripting, PGP, SFTP, FTPS, AS2, HTTPS, SWIFT, NDM, Oracle, SQL
- Understanding of and experience with core cash and file management applications (Preferred)
- ITIL certification (desired)