JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
End Users Services (EUS) delivers measurable business value by providing core desktop technology solutions that meet business demand while realizing cost efficiencies. EUS works with our Line of Business partners to develop standardized, resilient operating environments and implement a global technology strategy for the firm's 200,000+ workstations and 40,000+ remote access users. We oversee important tasks, including: incident management, user management, security access and controls, work order management, media management, application and business data recovery, and disaster recovery.
We are actively seeking an Engineer with in-depth knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this system engineering position are as follows:
• Understanding of systems security engineering concepts, principles and theories.
• Strong working knowledge of a least one adjacent discipline (software, systems, etc.).
• Working knowledge and ability to apply layered security architectures and designs.
• Knowledge and hands-on implementation experience with Windows Server OS, Active Directory, SQL Server, Network Security products and systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to multi-task effectively.
• Effective in communicating issues, impacts and corrective actions.
• Ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems security engineering design.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with host based and network based security concepts.
• Able to learn new concepts, products and technologies on the job.
• Working knowledge of windows operating systems as well as appropriate scripting languages.
• Self-starter and able to work with little or no direct supervision.
• Knowledge of certification and accreditation processes.
• Familiarity with vulnerability assessment tools and techniques.
A BS degree required with a minimum of Ten (10) years of experience in system engineering or network design and at least (4) years managing security vulnerabilities in a large enterprise environment. The duties and tasks are as follows:
Supports software roadmap for multiple desktop productivity applications such as Microsoft office
Leads development of operational functions of the team
Participates in development and integration of security products into overall system architecture
Performs trade studies in support of system enhancement activities
Develops, integrates, and tests security system updates
Authors and tests detailed technical procedures to support system operations
Supports software build and test processes
Supports system integration and test
Provides support to fielded systems as necessary
Support patch management and vulnerability assessment
Participates in and supports penetration testing of the system
Contributes to development of enhancing system defensive capabilities
Participates in threat vector analysis