JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
GTI-Infrastructure Development (GID) is focused on developing and delivering services that integrate software solutions with infrastructure in innovative, cost effective and efficient ways. The GID team provides services for use by business-aligned application delivery organizations, across all layers of the software stack, which may include application interface services, productivity and collaboration tools, and data integration solutions.
Currently we are seeking a cross functional scrum team member to develop original and creative technical solutions for ongoing product development. We are looking for self-motivated agile engineers who don’t need to be convinced that quality is everyone’s responsibility. We are embracing TDD, continuous integration, and regular small releases. Candidates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of design principles and patterns and test driven development.
- Contribute to technical strategy, with other senior and principal engineers
- Translate business strategy into technical and architecture strategy
- Work on a scrum team to deliver software solutions by providing the essential benefit to the customers by delivering the simplest solution to the functional requirement
- Work to implement solutions using 3rd Party products (HP Service Manager, xMatters On Demand)
- Work cross-functionally with other team members: other engineers, testers, product owners, designers, Ops, customer support
- Coach and develop other engineers on technical topics
- Mentor junior engineers, new team members, and apply technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
- Thrive in a team environment and has strong people communication skills
- Use disparate pieces of information to drive investigation and problem solving. Especially in situations where there may not be very much information available on the problem, you use creativity and teamwork to drive investigation and devise an appropriate fix
- Coach teams on Agile principles and practices, with an emphasis on practices
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience designing, developing, and implementing software solutions, constantly seeking to be an expert. You take pride in self-mastery and knowledge development
- Experience with HP Service Manager preferred
- Experience with other vendor Incident Management products (BMC Remedy ARS, Service-Now, etc) desired
- Experience with Angular.js, Node.js or Bootstrap.js preferred
- Experience as an Agile team member
- Strong algorithmic skills and a good grasp of programming fundamentals
- Proven track record of planning, designing and implementing code fixes on multiple, unrelated sections of the codebase, and/ or different products altogether
- Experience and know-how with developer and tester practices like CI, ATDD, BDD, TDD, Planning Poker, Refactoring, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with developing and debugging automated test cases
- Demonstrate an understanding of current trends in information technology best practices and standards and how to apply this understanding to work projects and processes
- Must have very good knowledge and understanding of the assigned information technology platform and make recommendations for improvements to the technology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative discipline preferred