JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Commercial Banking (CB), one of JPMC’s four lines of businesses, provides a full range of services including lending, treasury services, investment banking, commercial card and asset management products to meet its clients’ domestic and international financial needs. With a presence in 118 U.S. cities and over 7,000 employees, CB serves approximately 23,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, and nearly 36,000 real estate clients, owners and investors. CB is the third largest commercial bank in the U.S., with over $140 billion in loans and over $200 billion in deposits. In 2014, CB generated revenue and earnings of $6.9 billion and $2.6 billion, respectively.
Commercial Banking Risk Administration Team Overview
CB Risk Administration supports Risk Management processes across all CB business lines, functions and risk types. You will be part of a highly visible team that drives critical internal presentations for the CB Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to C-level management within CB and the firm, such as the CB Executive Team, Risk Operating Committee (ROC) and Board of Directors such as the Directors’ Risk Policy Committee (DRPC). The team also manages special business projects for the CRO and the sub lines of business to help drive development and execution of strategy. The team also is partners with functional teams to support CB Risk budget/expenses, Business Resiliency and internal communications and messaging for the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), including her town hall planning, key offsite meetings and content for the Risk website.
Risk Administration Associate / Senior Associate
The Risk Administration Associate / Senior Associate will report into the Head of Risk Administration. Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop and drive critical internal presentations for the CB Chief Risk Officer (CRO) to C-level management within CB and the firm ensuring timely and accurate delivery with precision
• Effectively support the CRO and management in maintaining a strong presentation and reporting portfolio, covering all existing and new risk related reports and materials
• Develop and facilitate a strong working relationship with business partners through ongoing coordination of presentation and report data utilizing effective communication and, when warranted, conflict and resolution skills
• Develop executive level presentations to summarize findings/recommendations and help syndicate across senior management
• Understand business priorities and work with cross functional teams and stakeholders to manage special business projects, strategies and messages that support priorities, processes, policies and organization changes
• Create and ensure timely delivery of Risk messages, presentations, talking points, newsletters, articles, town hall presentations, etc. on behalf of the CB CRO and partner with CB and Corporate Communications groups to ensure alignment
• Assist in the budget and financial process
• Act as Business Resiliency coordinator in organizing and leading business resiliency tests when needed and partnering with CB and Corporate Risk resiliency teams as appropriate
• ¬¬¬¬Develop and manage content for the CB Risk Intranet webpage
The Risk Administration Associate / Senior Associate will need to be able to understand risk and functional concepts to be able to highlight key messages from detailed analysis performed by the team or by others. Deliverables are often related to ad hoc and unanticipated requests, so the Associate / Senior Associate must be able to deal with changing priorities, making good decisions about how to get the work done and communicating immediately where there are real risks to on-time delivery. Attention to detail and accuracy is critical, given the executive audience for much of the team’s work. Required capabilities include:
• Bachelors degree and minimum 5 -7 years experience working in financial services preferably credit risk or related field
• Strong presentation development skills with the ability to effectively summarize complex information and risks in clear and concise reports and deliver it in executive level presentations with precision
• Candidate must be highly analytical with experience in collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data from multiple sources and identify key issues, develop hypotheses, gather and analyze data to prove / disprove hypotheses, and develop actionable recommendations
• Ability to consolidate multiple rounds of feedback from multiple stakeholders to create a finalized and approved communication or presentation
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
• Proven self-starter with ability to multitask and be resourceful in meeting deadlines with quality results in a fast-paced and changing environment
• Outstanding interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to interact, influence, negotiate and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
• A keen attention to detail, sense of urgency and a creative mindset
• Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
• Working knowledge of financial processes
• Ability to work cross functionally with diverse personalities
• Availability and willingness to work overtime during critical reporting cycles and be available to CRO out of hours “if/when” needed
• Strong work ethic and desire to learn continuously
• Knowledge of SharePoint development a plus
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.