J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Account Officer – US Public Finance - Housing
• Source, structure, document, and execute municipal bond transactions in the housing finance agency (HFA) sector, both multifamily and single family, throughout the United States
• Manage transaction process from initial engagement through financial close, leading banking teams in connection with deal structuring, cash flow modeling, internal approval/compliance processes and document negotiations
• Leverage existing client relationships in the multifamily and single family HFA space, as well as the broader affordable housing and real estate sectors
• Communicate and partner with other divisions throughout J.P. Morgan
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working within the Public Finance Department’s Housing Group, this senior origination position will be responsible for working within deal teams to source and transact capital market debt transactions from the point of engagement through financial close.
• Duties include ability to independently perform the above functions. The assignment will involve: preparation of marketing materials and proposals, calling on clients, analysis of cash flow projection models, negotiating for mandates, reviewing legal documents and negotiating with clients, structuring transactions, interacting with the rating agencies, research work, analysis of existing or potential transactions, analyzing various risks, performing due diligence and preparing internal credit memorandums. Management and training of junior bankers on deal teams to perform the tasks and business functions above.
• 7+ years of experience in Public Finance, focus on Housing (multifamily and single family)
• Experience working directly with clients throughout transaction lifecycle
• Analyst/Associate quantitative training; management experience preferred
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
• Strong analytical skills with direct experience modeling stand-alone and parity multifamily and single family housing cash flows
• Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of CFX and DBC Housing software systems
• Other / Miscellaneous
• Late night and weekend work expected when workload is heavy
• Significant business travel will be expected as needed
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.