Asset Management Hadoop Architect – New York VP
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; Highbridge Capital Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development.
The CCA group is currently seeking a Hadoop architect to join the Big Data platform team. As a member of the Big Data platform team, you will be a subject matter expert on how to utilize technology to extract intelligence from disparate datasets and design and develop technology solutions that add direct and measurable business value across business functions.
The Hadoop Architect will be responsible for:
• Engage internal and external technical leads and analysts to provide direction and plan for service adoption, integration strategy, plan, and design
• Design client solutions that involve distributed computing systems through diagrams, requirements gathering, and being accountable for the execution of projects through the SDLC
• Develop detailed service and data adoption technical plan starting from requirements to adoption of enterprise services
• Work closely with development team on developing, documenting & planning, fine tuning & testing of in Java, JEE, and services
• Engage LOB Information Architect leads to gather requirements directly and develop user stories for technical team
• Provide quality assurance and assist with testing applications and processes
• Oversee and coordinate specialized function requirements and data processes in support new services’ adoption
• Review operational processes to enhance data and system accuracy, integrity and security. Make recommendations to improve efficiency and ensure consistency and compliance with organizational standards
• Provide guidance and serve as a liaison with all appropriate business users; interpret and communicate information related to complex processes, procedures, regulatory guidelines and statutes
• Develop plans for post-implementation adoption and user training
• Create business requirements and functional requirements specifications (use cases/stories), business rules and identify user interface requirements for data and services adoption
• Work with Information Architects and Data Analysts to identify data adoption and integration needs
• Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• 5+ years in the Financial Services industry.
• 4+ years experience with Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, or Postgresql databases and constructing data models.
• ETL/ELT solution experience – Informatica, Abinitio, Control-M
• 10+ years in an engineering/architect role
• Project Management experience
• 2+ years of Hadoop Administration (Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, HBase, Sentry)
• Requirements Gathering and Documentation
• Use Case, Sequence, Component Diagrams
• Using SCRUM or a related agile discipline
• Focus on working with your end users to deliver business value early
• Iterative and incremental delivery
• Refactoring and clean code
• Code reviews and mentoring
• Advanced graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• Technology / Architecture experience at major financial institution or client-facing experience at a Big 4.
• NoSQL Administration (HBase, Elasticsearch, Solr, MongoDB, Cassandra)
• Expertise in Test Driven Development/ Behavior Driven Development
• Automated acceptance testing
• Continuous delivery & single piece flow
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.