JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Our 129,000 employees serve our customers in 57.5 million households by following Chase's Five Keys to a Great Customer Experience.
This position will act as a member of the Solutions Engineering/Architecture team under Data Management Infrastructure Operations (DMIO). The Data Management Infrastructure Operations team delivers customized ETL, Teradata, and BI solutions that address the unique technology drivers of Chase Community Bank (CCB) while ensuring that centralized products and services are leveraged for their economies of scale.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for design and modification of complex, multi-system environments. In this role you will identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware, storage, operating systems, and connectivity solutions. You will partner with business leaders, developers, engineers, and production support teams to provide design guidelines, impart knowledge on technical trends and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on systems configuration, capacity planning, performance analysis and optimization for all CCB data management customers. Additionally, you will be responsible for capturing requirements, liaising with the Application Development and Production Support teams to define and understand the next level of detail not included in the Architecture assessment, and to then integrate those findings into the Infrastructure Design Document. you may also be the primary source of PRIME, EURC, and ITSM requests when the business defines a need to alter existing infrastructure, either by the addition of extra resources (Disk/CPU/RAM) or for decommissioning end-of-life hardware.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being subject matter expert in Analytics software
- Interfaces with key application stakeholders to collaborate on strategic delivery of IT solutions to meet business needs
- Draws upon knowledge of advanced IT infrastructure capabilities to develop Infrastructure solutions
- Perform project reviews & recommendations to insure alignment to target state
- Develop comprehensive high level infrastructure solutions that incorporate strategic target state architecture and
standards to maximize performance, capacity, and TCO
- Support technical solutions with detailed business case based on thorough interpretation of business requirements
- Work with senior technologists to influence and shape the strategic infrastructure target state architecture for area of influence
- Help define and implement infrastructure standards
- Educate engineers on standards, processes, and tools
- Work with firm-wide engineering and architecture, and business/AD architects to drive solution standardization and reuse
for Data Management Infrastructure Operations
- Use enterprise scale tools to develop predictive resource utilization and performance models to shape current and future solutions
- Provide strategic capacity trending and modeling reports
- Examine current and trend-based utilization of critical capacity and performance areas including, but not limited to Disk, CPU, memory, and kernel performance to make accurate predictions of future performance
- Partner with the application owners to develop and update comprehensive DR strategy across the LOB enterprise
- Recommend specific tools strategies, and solutions for DR solutions.
- Provide technical assistance with the most challenging issues that span multiple systems, or show recurring trends that have not been successfully resolved
- Creation of Infrastructure Design Documents
- Active participation in architecture design review meetings
- Partnering with GTI Implementation resources to answer any questions that arise
- Active participation in project calls, helping to ensure that the process moves forward
- Creation and monitoring of requests that require PRIME or EURC
- Taking on such other tasks as may be required to ensure a secure and compliant infrastructure- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated competencies critical to success: Conceptualization, foresight, enterprise perspective, consensus building, leadership, and communication
- Minimum of 3 years of Technical Architect and/or solutions engineering and design experience
- Strategic view of a broad cross section of UNIX and Windows technologies with a strong focus on implementation
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed client/server environment
- Experience with SAS, Cognos, Informatica, AbInitio and other BI/ETL/Analytics Toos
- Experince with Big Data technologies
- Technical problem-solving skills
- In depth understanding of remote computing architecture for global delivery, including the use of WAN acceleration and thin compute technologies
- Strong skills in project management methodologies and tools
- Broad knowledge of various technology architectures and business platforms
- Systems planning and engineering skills
- Overall IT experience in a Client-Server environment, with practical knowledge of mainframe, midrange, distributed, and desktop technologies
- Infrastructure architecture & engineering experience, including functional and technical requirements gathering, and solution development
- Advanced written and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
- Broad knowledge of advanced environment monitoring & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools
- Understands and can apply knowledge of Internet/Intranet technology, eCommerce, enterprise networking, and Database to infrastructure solutions
- TOGAF or other certification desired
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.