GWM Credit Risk Analyst
With client assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.3 trillion, J.P. Morgan Asset Management (AM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. We serve four distinct client groups globally through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management (GIM), and high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth clients through Global Wealth Management (GWM), which includes the Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities. We offer global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. We provide trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
Asset Management Risk Management is committed to being a world-class leader in risk management, maintaining a system of strong controls, providing guidance and clear direction on key risk principles, proactively managing risks and achieving a consistent balance between our business goals and deployment of capital. AM Risk Management employs people around the world and ensures strong risk management discipline throughout the lines of business within AM.
Global Wealth Management
With more than 160 years of experience, J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families around the world. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships through an integrated team structure with a platform of depth and breadth. We provide tailored investment, credit and wealth advisory solutions to High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth clients, and managing risk appropriately is a key priority for the Global Private Bank. The Credit Analyst team will be a core part of the GWM Credit Risk Management organization and will be integral to our ability to meet the growing needs of the business in a prudent manner.
· Prepare Annual credit reviews for an assigned portfolio of GWM credit clients. This will require the proper use and application of the Financial Spreading Tool, (FST) to analyze borrower disclosures to determine probability of default/ obligor grades and understand the various types of collateral and associated risks to determine facility grades.
· Perform Collateral analysis and recommend Loss given Defaults (LGDs) using the appropriate systems.
· Partner with Credit Executives for portfolio reviews, risk exceptions and approval of annual credit reviews
· Partner with Lines of Business to keep credit portfolio current on key risk metrics and facilitate new transactions on the assigned portfolio of clients.
· Document covenants and special monitoring requirements
· Monitor exception reports (Unlinked, Ungraded, Overlimits, Overdrafts, Past Dues, etc.)
- Aptitude for numbers; non-business majors must demonstrate quantitative competence both academically and practically
· Self Motivated, team player, hard working
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power point)
· Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and presentation skills
· Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
· Proactive: Takes ownership of developing skill set
· Quick learner: Proven ability to quickly learn the business & adapt to changing business priorities
· Ability to be a dynamic member of a team
- Good judgment and discretion working with highly confidential information
- Fluent in Portuguese and/orSpanish to converse and read financial documents of Portuguese/Spanish speaking clients
· Working knowledge of accounting principles/ financial statements
· Knowledge of legal documentation, policy, and loan/credit operations a plus
· Financial analysis experience
Experience within legal, credit administration, operations, or support group within the Financial Services
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disabled/Veterans