JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Asset Management Hadoop Engineer – New York Associate
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; Highbridge Capital Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development.
The CCA group is currently seeking a Hadoop engineer to join the Big Data platform team. As a member of the Big Data team, you will work closely with the business and technology partners to create custom solutions to leverage distributed computing systems in their applications, while adhering to development best practices and standards and focus on building reusable and extendable code.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University in the fields of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• 5+ years in the Financial Services industry.
• 5+ years in an engineering role
• Necessary: Hadoop, HDFS
• Necessary: Java, Scala, Maven, Spring, API, Linux
• Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark
• MLLib, Mahout, NLTK, OpenNLP, Spark Streaming
• Kafka, Sqoop, Flume
• Yarn, Zookeeper, Oozie
• HBase, Elasticsearch, Solr, MongoDB, Cassandra
• 4+ years experience with Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, or Postgresql databases and constructing data models.
• ETL/ELT solution experience – Informatica, Abinitio, Control-M
• Advanced graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
• Technology / Architecture experience at major financial institution or client-facing experience at a Big 4.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.