About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with front office investors, client service, fiduciary officers, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
As a Business Analyst (BA) within Investments Middle Office, you will support our Managed business and Middle Office teams by supporting projects and project managers for various initiatives. The candidate may participate in multiple projects or initiatives across various geographic locations. Projects will involve stakeholders from and have impact to functions across multiple lines of businesses. Project work typically has a substantial impact on the corporation/LOB and is geared towards revenue enhancement, cost reduction, risk mitigation, process improvement or other priorities as defined by management. Ad hoc requests in addition to scheduled activities are likely.
Key Knowledge Areas/Skills:
- 3-5 years as a business analyst; preferably in the financial or investments industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, and Project skills
- Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently
- Can work with others independently to understand business processes and tools
- Well-rounded experience with managed accounts and investment products
- Strong knowledge of Investment Products including Equities, Fixed Income and Derivative securities and their markets
- Understanding of the complex regulatory environment surrounding the Investments business
- Understanding of flow of account opening to trading to post trade monitoring
- Prior experience with supporting trading desks, trading applications, and trading controls is a plus
- Elicits requirements from all functional areas; facilitates discussions cross-functionally; documents in a clear fashion
- Ability to achieve consensus on completed analysis or requirements; capable of managing changing requirements
- Works with technology as the business representative; conveys business information appropriately and concisely
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Designs new processes by analyzing requirements; constructing process flow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users
- Can build effective relationships across the organization
- Direct activities, monitor details, and set priorities.
- Project activity and schedule may require weekend work from time-to-time.
- Lead status meetings at the operational and project level.
- Develop agendas and presentation decks for status meetings
- FINRA Series 99 licensing required after 120 days of hire
- Specific project activity may include:
- Documenting current and future state operating models
- Documenting requirements
- Developing and delivering client and/or internal communications
- Researching and clarifying business requirements so technology can deliver appropriate technical solutions.
- Planning and coordinating UAT and regression testing for key applications
- Metrics reporting and status tracking
- Perform business analyst responsibilities to include:
- Requirements analysis and gathering
- Use case creation and modeling
- UAT test execution
- Serve as a business application owner/SME for trading products/systems