J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; Highbridge Capital Management; and Private Banking, which includes the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, more than 650 investment professionals provides over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Core Components and Architecture (CCA) group within the Technology division of J.P. Morgan Asset Management serves all aspects of the business, providing best in class architecture and enterprise data solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development.
Enterprise Data Platform is next generation highly scalable, reliable data distribution, validation and event notification platform leveraging on cloud, Asynchronous messaging and big data technologies.
• Data Distribution: Bulk, Ad-hoc data distribution and delivery with RESTful, Streaming mechanism
• Query: Flexible query API with optimization
• Event Notification: subscription based real time event notification to subscribed parties
A seasoned agile engineer and technology leader with a 7+ years of experience is required to be a key part of the team developing and supporting the EDPI platform in Asset Management. You will partner closely with the Scrum Master and Product Owner to drive the technical direction of the platform in addition to being a hands-on member of the team.
Development practices & Agile
Your default practice includes:
• Using SCRUM or a related agile discipline
• Focus on working with your end users to deliver business value early
• Iterative and incremental delivery
• Emergent design and architecture
• Expertise in Test Driven Development/ Behavior Driven Development
• Continuous integration, build and automated deployment
• Refactoring and clean code
• Code reviews and mentoring
You strive for:
• Automated acceptance testing
• Continuous delivery & single piece flow
You have demonstrated experience with:
• Scalable mission-critical systems with high levels of availability
• Core Java and related technologies frameworks like Spring, Jersey
• System integration and messaging including technologies like
o Message brokers (e.g. MQ)
• Data and modeling technologies
o SQL and RDBMS' like Oracle or Sybase
o JSON, XML, XSLT & XSD
o Experience in No SQL databases and big data technologies is a plus
• Unix environments and scripting
• Build tools like Maven
• Test tools like JUnit, Cucumber or Selenium
• Performance analysis and tuning across system boundaries
You have a track record:
• Thinking creatively and solving problems simply, not always through technology
• Working with people of differing skill sets driving a cross-functional global team
• Communicating with and tailoring your message to a range of audiences in both verbal and non-verbal forums
• Managing a diverse set of competing stakeholder requirements
• Being a self-starter, able to take initiative and drive a program independently
• Building real and lasting relationships with your team and extended partners
• Sharing knowledge and learning from others
• Adapting to change and working through ambiguity
• Decommissioning legacy systems and transitioning users to strategic platforms in the Asset Management or wider financial industry
• Building and deploying an Investment Book of Record
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.