JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMC's Internal Audit Department, which is comprised of over 900 auditors globally, reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and is further accountable to the Chairman and CEO, senior management, and the regulators. Audit is an independent risk assessment function established within the organization to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management's system of internal control.
Within the Audit Department, the New York based North America Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment across the CIB businesses in North America. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage performed and managed by a team of business and technology audit specialists and coordinated on a global basis with colleagues in APAC and EMEA. In addition, the team is involved in assessing controls over significant projects including business reorganizations and acquisitions, technology developments/conversions, off-shoring and product development.
The role is for an experienced auditor within the Compliance audit team, reporting to the Banking and Compliance Team Lead located in New York. The position is based in New York providing audit coverage of corporate Compliance activities, specifically, Dodd-Frank OTC Derivatives and Volker initiatives and regulation requirements.
The successful candidate will work in the New York based team and will be responsible for executing both regional and global audit plans for these areas. They will also partner with CIB audit colleagues to ensure appropriate coverage of Compliance issues in product aligned audits.
They will be expected to:
- Participate on and lead audit engagements from planning to reporting and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards.
- Partner with colleagues and stakeholders to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement whilst adding value.
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous auditing for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends.
- Effectively manage teams where required, performing timely review of work performed and providing honest and constructive feedback
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Travel to overseas business locations may be required. While the amount of travel will vary depending upon business need, no more than approximately 15 per cent should be anticipated.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree. An MBA degree and/or professional certification, such as CPA is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Corporate and Investment bank products, and/or hedge fund, private equities and asset management
- Knowledge and experience of Corporate and Investment bank business operation functions and processes from front office and middle office to back office
- Knowledge and experience of corporate Compliance activities across Corporate and Investment Banking businesses ideally from an audit or risk perspective would be beneficial.
- In-depth understating of audit practices and methodologies, including risk assessment and a solid understanding of internal control concepts.
- The ability to work effectively within a team.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of a control weakness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
- Proven ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Self motivated audit professional who effectively analyses risk and proactively identifies issues.
- Ability to work well individually, and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
- Flexibility to travel as required