Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone. As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
Operations technology is seeking a talented and passionate developer lead to work as part of our Agile team. Someone who is enthusiastic about delivering high quality solutions that provide real business value with a focus on writing smart, simple and clean code. The ideal provides leadership for small development teams and work efforts. Work with and adapt to constantly changing technologies. Work in on-shore and off-shore models. Read and understand business requirements, write functional requirements, develop detailed technical designs, and build, unit, and system test application code. Support the changes and applications post implementation by debugging, fixing, and participating in maintenance releases, as prescribed by management.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Working as part an agile team going from requirements to solution and delivering real business value within short timeframes.
- Contribute as a full-stack developer working on everything through development all the way to deployment of your code.
- Writing clean, well-structured code supported by extensive test cases and reviewed by peers.
- Continuous deployment and integration through use of firm-wide tools.
- Document and train other team members on the framework.
- Working within risk and controls guidelines to safely and repeatable deploy code.
What the role can offer you:
- Enterprise systems design, architecture and integration for distributed applications.
- Work with operational and developer users of the platform to gather requirements.
- Inter-team mentoring on software best practices and solutions.
- Full involvement in testing cycles across all environment methods.
- Source control management using Subversion and firm wide tools for code release.
- Risk management policy and working within guidelines for managing controlled UAT & Production environments.
- 7+ years experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
- 5+ years experience with Java.
- 5+ years experience with a J2EE/EJB Application Server
- 5+ years experience working in both Unix and Windows environments.
3+ years experience working with Web application framework jQuery, jQuery UI, and Bootstrap.
Exposure to Open Source technologies (Ant, Anthill, Junit, XDoclet, Log4J, IBatis).
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment.
- Experience with Acceptance Test Driven Development including the use of tools like Cucumber and Selenium.
- Experience automating builds with Maven using CI Servers like Jenkins/Hudson.
- Experience with automated deployments using a tool like Rundeck
- Experienced mentor with the ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.