Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
A Key focus of CCB Operations is to improve the lifecycle of customer interactions across the various channels.
This requires an ‘outside the box’ approach towards the creation of a cyber security architecture that allows for sharing of information of interactions across channels – assisted and unassisted.
This requires application architectures that enable customers to start their customer interactions in one channel and move to other channels to complete or resolve their interactions in other ones while maintaining a seamless experience as they ‘make their way’ across the channels. Specifically we do not wish that customer have to ‘start again’ each time they move to new channels. The integrated customer experience requires Architectures that are efficient, consolidated and can maintain state information in a channel independent manner. The channels not only include the support for voice, email and digital channels but also must include social media interactions too.
With a legacy of channel-applications across CCB consumer businesses, we need to define and execute an architecture that integrates our capabilities and simplifies the application and technology portfolio that would support multi-channel interactions.
The Architect Lead must exhibit very strong technical depth and knowledge of cyber security technologies (e.g. Data Encryption, Pay Load Encryption, Container Encryption, Access Controls and Auditing) and must have demonstrated sound architecture practices focused on integration, consolidation and simplification of architectures. The Architect must work and engage with other senior architects who may have domain expertise either for particular business areas (e.g. customer service for retail, card, mortgage) or specific technology domains and corresponding roadmaps (e.g. Digital Architecture Information Architecture, Document Architecture) and leverage those engagements to build a unified multi-channel architecture.
The architect lead must engage with senior technologists who are accountable for existing application portfolios (chief technology officers or senior application delivery and infrastructure leaders) to define specific roadmaps that will ensure that we can move towards and achieve the desired outcome.
The Architect Lead must also become cognizant of the total cost of ownership of applications involved in enabling an Omni-channel customer experience and should also drive for strategies to reduce the total cost of ownership while improving the customer experience. In addition the senior architect must take into account the critical business and technology controls that must be addressed as the multi-channel architecture is being implemented including requirements from the firm’s cyber roadmap.
The Architect Lead will be considered a key adviser to the chief architect of operations and will report to the head of architecture for customer facing operations. The senior architect will have opportunities to build their career at JP Morgan Chase and assume more senior positions as their performance advances in the firm and as they further develop their personal skills. The chosen candidate is expected to have excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate to the technical and senior business and technology communities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have over 10-15 years of relevant experience on creating and implementing architectures that support cyber security solutions for unassisted and assisted customer service interactions ((e.g. telephony routing, IVR, web, email, messaging, networks).
- Must have extensive knowledge of technologies cyber security encryption solutions
- Superior problem solving skills ability to grasp the big picture of the business drivers and IT drivers in order to create solutions and work at a detailed level, as may be required by business and IT teams to implement solutions. Is able to see similar patterns of problems and solutions and carry over applications and experiences while adapting to the peculiar needs of a given business or IT problem.
- Previous execution experience of mid-sized to large system design, development and deployment is a real plus
- Must have the ability to influence, guide and mentor other technical resources (and sometimes business) across CCB and especially develop other architects or enlist others to carry out best practices of architecture in the course of their developing solutions.
- Ability to develop designs and solutions that pay attention to architecture design quality, cost effectiveness and the inherent risks in approach while proposing credible and effective mitigations; is also able to collaborate with teams across the firm in order to leverage previous experiences, utilities and shared capabilities
- Formulates solutions that are credible and holistic that take into consideration a broad array of factors that will shape the solution design including feasibility of testing, implementation, availability of skills for the technology, viability of relevant third parties.
- Formal architecture documentation and modeling skills are a plus
- Very knowledgeable about best practices, industry standards, emerging trends.
- Drive improvements in the architecture process in particular and support improvements in the overall software development life-cycle particularly the estimation process.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry is a plus but is not absolutely required.