JPMorgan Chase Corporate Real Estate is responsible for a worldwide occupancy portfolio of 75.3 million square feet across 61 countries in over 5,900 properties. The Real Estate Finance team manages a gross global expense base of over $4 billion.
This role resides within Global Real Estate and is accountable for the effective implementation and execution of the GRE control framework. Specifically, the position provides support to the GRE Global Head of Controls and Monitoring as well as other senior leaders on matters related to risk control self assessment (RCSA), issue management, control governance and reporting, technology controls, audit/exam preparedness, RED event management, SOX testing and resiliency.
This position requires knowledge and background in real estate and/or risk management and controls. Ideal candidates would have familiarity with compliance and internal audit best practices as well.
The candidate will be expected to apply the firmwide Oversight & Control framework and protocols for strengthening the control environment and serving as an expert control resource to the Global Real Estate organization.
The ability to communicate effectively is critical as you will work across Global Real Estate and with representatives from Global Control Office and Global Compliance Office to support the strategic direction and goals of the firm surrounding improved controls management.
This role supports and ensures the execution of the control model within the context of the firm’s global compliance mandate, which includes the following key responsibilities:
- Supporting the execution of the Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) program
- Identifying and implementing best practices to drive change within the organization in order to strengthen the control framework
- Following up with accountable business and functional stakeholders within Global Real Estate to ensure control issues (regulatory, audit, compliance and business/self identified) are effectively resolved
- Interface with the Global Control Office, Global Compliance Office, Audit and Risk for management of issues resulting from supervisory exams
- Oversee documentation, tracking and closure of Action Plans in the firm’s risk reporting database (Phoenix) for the Global Real Estate organization
- Compile, update and prepare reports and analysis on control/compliance related issues
- Identify gaps and develop/implement process improvements with respect to the management of control issues
- Partner with other control functions (Compliance, Oversight & Control, Internal Audit, Operational Risk, etc.) in driving the strategic agenda to improve the control framework as well as execution of tactical steps