Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Chase Paymentech is a leading provider of merchant services, offering proprietary platforms that enable integrated solutions for all payment types, including credit, debit, prepaid stored value and electronic check processing as well as digital, alternative and mobile payment options.
As a Technical Operations Manager, you will be responsible for Level 1 monitoring and support. You will serve as liaison between Operations and the support groups. Make recommendations for automation of repetitive tasks, creating business cases for Development groups to provide needed tools and enhancements. Document and train staff for future support.
· Manages, mentors and coaches a team of Operators and Analysts.
· Research issues escalated from Operations internal alerts, Help Desks, Support Groups and other departments.
· Provides accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue.
· Documents small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision
· Provides activity, progress and status reports to management and keeps management posted of any critical issues.
· Design, document and enforce escalation policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3+ years of overall professional experience in an large-scale, high availability, fast paced, distributed environment.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a technical lead or support management role.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with Tandem batch processing, including submitting jobs and validating data.
Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in UNIX operating system functionality. UNIX administrative skills a plus
Two (2) to five (5) years knowledge mainframe and/or tandem platforms
Understanding of monitoring tools a plus.
One (1) to five (5) years’ experience using scheduler software such as Control-M, CA-7 and/or Netbatch.
Self-Starter with the ability to identify, troubleshoot, and skilled in problem solving and decision making.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and attention to detail in a fast paced ever changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills with the ability to influence and lead others.
- Ability to interact with individuals on all organizational levels.
- Establishes strong working relationships with team members and across functions.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical customers.
- Able to work under pressure to resolve issues affecting the production services.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good project management skills.
Two (2) or more years of experience with Excel, Word, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint
Two (1) to five (5) years knowledge of relational databases
One (1) to five (5) years using Unix scripting such as ksh and perl
Two (2) to five (5) years knowledge of mainframe and/or tandem platforms
One (1) to five (5) years’ experience with file transfer software such as SNDM & SFTP
Basic knowledge of networking technology