J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has more than 160 years of experience helping Latin America’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations and endowments grow, manage and sustain their wealth. We serve clients from more than 20 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean with offices across Latin America, in the United States and in Switzerland, with a total of over 600 employees.
Global Wealth Management (GWM) is part of the Asset Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
As an Account Opening Specialist you will handle comprehensive Client Onboarding activities for our offshore private banking teams covering four markets: Brazil, Mexico, Andes and Southern Cone regions. This will include preparing account opening packages for presentation to clients, collecting, validating and recording client documentation, and leveraging firm technology to set up accounts across multiple products.
• Perform comprehensive client-onboarding activities for private banking business covering a Latin American clientele.
• Liaise effectively with client-facing teams; provide strategic guidance as needed around client documentation, account opening policies, or global Private Bank standards.
• Validate client documentation for authenticity and completeness.
• Assure adherence to corporate and regulatory control standards. Monitor reports, flag issues, and follow-up to timely resolution.
• Partner regularly with Service team to fulfill client requests; update account information; answer general inquiries.
• Leverage in-house technology to record client information; keep current with system updates and rollouts.
• Actively participate in AOG projects/priorities (such as collection of missing documentation, remediation activities, client reference data reconciliation, etc.).
• Minimum of 5 years experience in the Financial Services and/or Private Banking industry
• Client Onboarding and/or documentation analysis experience strongly preferred.
• Strong ability to work independently and with appropriate urgency; excellent follow-up habits.
• Proven success at collaborating across lines of business to resolve issues, improve efficiency, and foster clear communication channels.
• Work style characterized by high level of precision and attention to detail.
• Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing business priorities.
• Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish is critical, Portuguese a plus.