JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Network Services (GNS) delivers value added products and services to meet business demand for the following disciplines: Global Data & Global Voice Networks, Desktop Support for Latin America and Canada, and Consumables (i.e. Blackberry's, Cell Phones, and Pagers).
As a Transport Services Engineer Lead, you will be responsible for mission critical global layer 1 networks. This encompasses gathering requirements, designing, bidding (RFP), funding, selecting, and implementing world class transport networks. JPMC has locations in over 60 countries that are linked together in a private line MPLS backbone. You will work with other global subject matter experts in collaboration for designing layer 1 and up networks. You will manage timelines, work with carriers, undersea cable providers, and fiber optic companies to determine the most cost effective plan, while ensuring the most resilient network possible. In addition to the carrier managed networks, JPMC has one of the largest dark fiber DWDM enterprise networks in the industry, spanning from the Northeast to the Midwest. Duties will include management and engineering of this network, tier IV support requiring extensive knowledge in trouble isolation techniques, and recommendations on maintenance and tool sets. You will also manage relationships within project teams, manage financial forecast and be accountable for meeting project plan dates. You will ensure quality control and audit compliance are built into each design.
- 5+ years and extensive telecommunications experience specializing in layer 1 transport and above
- Intermediate level knowledge and experience with DWDM and SONET systems design and operations
- Understanding of fiber optics types and characteristics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to create detailed engineering design documentation
- Customer focused
- Ability to function as a team member, but have a proven track record as a self starter
- High technical knowledge, but possess the ability to communicate in business terms
- A strong ability to manage project risk is essential
- A plus to have TCP/IP, Cisco Router experience, ONS15454, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP
- Develop and improve processes to support carrier class networks