JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Senior BPM Developer for Global Wealth Management Client Onboarding
This is a unique
and exciting opportunity to join a well-established and fast-moving
global project within JP Morgan Asset Management, GWM Client Onboarding.
The project was formed in order to develop common services and
user interfaces that are utilized to capture and distribute core
regulatory data on new and existing clients under the banner of the
‘Know Your Client (KYC)’ program.
The project is growing and
with upcoming large scale deliveries, we are therefore looking for top
development talent that can bring fresh ideas and passion to the area to
create new and innovative solutions.
As part of our drive
towards improving quality across the entire spectrum of our
organization, we are pushing towards a heavy focus on expert
The primary focus of this role is to provide high
quality development experience to our project and help to drive the team
forwards in a technical sense, while taking ownership of key
deliverables and issues through to deployment or resolution,
respectively. The candidate should be a leader and example to others,
constantly looking for ways to improve things at all levels and areas of
the domain. We are specifically looking for someone with deep knowledge
of Java or .NET programming as well as experience of BPM technologies
who can lend their expertise to this project and give us insights into
new ways of doing things.
A secondary remit of this group is to
develop software in such a way that the candidate would be seen as a
role model and could coach across the organization. The approach and
tooling being utilized throughout will utilize Agile techniques and has
100% commitment from senior leaders that it will be implemented in the
way that developers see fit.
Some of our core values that an ideal candidate would benefit from:
- Individual empowerment, quality and continuous improvement built into team's culture
effort to build a simple architecture and leverage reusable components /
services from our own area or other teams in the wider firm.
- Team-first attitude along with trust; support each other to upgrade skills
- Standard methodologies with "minimum requirements" clearly articulated
- Co-located team with workspace and tools for closer collaboration
- Targeted training to impart new tech. skills and methodology knowledge
- Strong Tech. leadership that understands the different AD functions, stakeholders and their interests.
passionate and professional developer who has deep experience of
building applications in a complex environment and who has a passion for
quality, ownership and a team-first attitude would fit in well in the
GWM Client Onboarding group.
The role involves
coding and implementation of prioritized user stories, new features of
the COB platform and also supporting the application in all
The role includes: working closely with Project
Managers and Business Analysts in an Agile environment; implementing
user stories; problem solving and issue resolution; provide input to
testing; understanding business requirements, designing and documenting
technical requirements; ensuring technical excellence across the team’s
deliverables; provide status updates to management.
would be no direct line management responsibilities but the candidate
could expect this to change over time, as their contributions grow and
• Implementation of new features in the application.
• Deliver benefit through agile processes.
• Provide input to daily stand-ups, story sizing, sprint planning and retrospectives.
• Develop new, and maintain existing platforms.
• Design system solutions to meet business requirements.
• Develop automated tests in support of new code.
• Contribute to UAT testing, planning and support.
• Quality Assurance.
• Provide supporting documentation.
• Contribute to level 3/AD support.The Candidate
This role is targeted to a senior developer with BPM experience, however: financial knowledge is not a pre requisite.
The attitude and behaviours of the candidate are more important than expertise in a particular library or framework, so if the candidate does not tick all the boxes in the technologies listed but are passionate about technology, willingness to learn and delivery focused then we could still consider their application.
• 5+ years of experience in Java and OO design patterns.
• Workflow and business process modelling (jBPM, Drools, Pentaho, Pega, Appway).
• Leadership experience as a key contributor or as a developer. Especially beneficial would be any experience gained in an agile working environment (perhaps as a Scrum Master).
• Experience working with agile methods and practices (Scrum/XP preferred).
• Proficient using Linux/Unix and shell scripting.
• Proficient using development team productivity tools (JIRA, Git, Stash, Jenkins, Maven, Confluence, SVN).
• Knowledge and desire to follow a Test-Driven (TDD) and Behavior-Driven (BDD) approaches to software development (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium preferred).
• Delivery focused with a proven track record in other business related initiatives.
• Good problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to present clear and concise problem definition and solution statements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication is essential to work in this global team. Must be able to communicate with all levels of business users. Builds strong relationships.
• Be able to provide requested support/information quickly and accurately within a multi-tasking environment; show initiative – anticipates next steps and suggests meaningful alternatives where appropriate.
• SQL skills including DDL and DML (preferably including Oracle but also Sybase/SQL Server).
• Designing and implementing RESTful web services.
• Knowledge of Spring framework.
• Experience in a Financial Asset management environment.