The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The global Audit Department has in excess of 1,000 Audit officers. The Audit Department is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm’s line of business. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a team of financial business and integrated technology specialists.
The Corporate Sector Audit team provides audit coverage of key corporate functions including Finance, Compliance, Tax, Corporate Real Estate, Third Party Oversight and Global Security & Investigations (GS&I). The team also works closely with each Line of Business Audit team to ensure consistent coverage of compliance, finance and risk topics.
The Corporate Sector Senior Auditor, based in New York, will report directly into the Corporate Sector Team Lead who is responsible for audit coverage over global financial crimes compliance oversight team. The Auditor will be responsible for assisting with ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous monitoring activities across the Corporate Sector covering global financial crimes compliance oversight team.
· Assist on audit engagements covering Corporate Sector functions including AML Alerts and Investigations, Suspicious Activity Reporting, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
· Proactive coordination/interaction with the Global Corporate Sector auditors and line of business audit teams.
· Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
· Accountable for meeting deliverables, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology.
· Provide ongoing continuous monitoring and relationship management for certain key Corporate Sector Groups.
· Lead key areas within audit work by reporting status and findings to Management.
· Be prepared to travel to locations domestically (10%).
· At least 4+ year’s internal/external auditing experience or relevant financial services industry experience.
· Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and on budget, and adjust to changing priorities.
· Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
· Proficiency in risk analysis and report preparation.
· Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
· Excellent communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
· Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative discipline.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.