About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Global Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
The Trade Support Specialist within the Investment Products Middle Office is responsible for numerous functions. In this role, they will need to develop a keen understanding of Structured Products.
The Trade Support Specialist will support the end to end lifecycle of Structured Products from deal or security creation through maturity/expiration. The team is responsible for monitoring and helping with trade booking, book building, settlements, fails, one offs, regulatory requests, reference data, etc. Within the context of the team the Specialist will work independently to prioritize the daily work and to ensure all requisite procedures and controls are adhered to. Additionally, the Trade Support Specialist will work with internal partners throughout the Private Bank, JPMS, Corporate & Investment Bank, and external 3rd parties to ensure accurate transaction processing, timely response to inquiries, and to resolve issues as they arise.
The role of the Middle Office Trade Support Specialist requires a willingness to take on a challenging and complex suite of products and an ability to learn quickly in a high volume and constantly changing environment. Strong communication skills are a necessity due to heavy interaction with front office and product desk personnel and to keep management apprised of key developments or ideas to improve upon existing processes.
• Work with Front Office Product Desks, Investors, Financial Advisors, and Client Service on trades in respective asset classes
• Interface with Operations on trade booking, fail management, exception processing, and ad hoc queries
• Respond to inquiries as requires
• Review daily reconciliation reports
• Compile MIS data for management
• Document procedures and process flows, and ensure they are kept accurate
• Assist in developing and reviewing documented test plans, and coordination of UAT
• Assist in the development of training materials
• Work on various projects related to Middle Office, administration and operations
• Coordinate with various areas of Operations, Middle Office, Finance, IT and Senior Management on business requirements, procedures and processes
• Assist with day to day Front Office, Client and Broker inquiries
• Assist with monthly management reporting
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of securities industry and applicable regulatory requirements
• Process driven, and at ease with technology and client account / security reference data
• Experience in workflow analysis and documentation
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
• Ability to work in a high paced environment with tight deadlines
• Must have a control-oriented mindset
• Must be a team player
• Operational and/or Client service experience
• Experience in Asset/Wealth Management
• Understanding of Private banking operations and /or JPMS operations
• Experience working with various product groups
• Exposure to international offices and procedures
• Microsoft Suite of applications proficiency
• Series 99 (Will be required to obtain within 120 days of hiring)
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.