JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Global Wealth Management Technology is part of the Asset Management line of business at JPMorgan Chase and Co and is responsible for providing high quality, high performance and resilient technology solutions to the business that we support. In this role you will provide software development, integration, support and delivery of applications for The Discretionary Investments team supporting managed and advisory products. Specifically the role will be with the Mandates team that creates dynamic Investment Proposals and Guidelines contracts. The team is responsible for the online creation of Investment Guidelines, the maintenance of the official product master file, and the end-to-end integration of client product preferences with all downstream applications within the Discretionary Investments Management business.
· Contribute to all aspects of software development lifecycle with a focus on Java development using J2EE standards.
· Participate in full-stack architecture design, development, and maintenance for Discretionary Trading Web Applications.
· Possess solid understanding of Java web services, REST services, SOA industry development standards and testing techniques.
· Strengthen the software delivery process based on the Agile principles. This includes: Scrum, Business Driven Development (BDD), Automated Testing, Continuous Integration and Automated Deployment.
· Produce solid documentation both inside code and external design specifications
· Collaborate with other groups (Operate, Infrastructure, Release Management) across regions (APAC, EMEA, USA) through demos and technical presentations.
· Promoting excelling user experience and system performance.
· Bachelor's Degree (Masters preferred) in a Computer Science or Engineering field with 5-7+ years experience in software development of Java applications.
· Demonstrated analytical techniques and ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology and present ideas clearly and concisely
· Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easy to understand manner
· Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
· Required Technical Skills
o Java (Core & EE, JMS, Spring, JUnit) with a focus on object oriented design, multi-threaded applications, and distributed systems.
o Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, integration patterns and messaging technologies (e.g. MQ Series)
o Build tools (Maven, Jenkins, Ant)
o SCM tools (Subversion, GIT)
o Scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python/Jython, PowerShell, etc)
o Testing tools (JUnit, Cucumber, QTP, Selenium, Mockito)
o Agile project management (JIRA)
o SQL and RDBMS systems (Sybase Preferred)
· Optional Technical Skills
o Document management platform experience (Documentum)
o Template and Content Management development experience (Adobe Indesign)
· Experience with building and supporting scalable client facing financial platforms at a large financial institution
· Understanding of the Private Banking or Asset Management business
· Understanding of Asset Allocations, Portfolio Management and Managed Accounts
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.