JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Cyber security is chartered with managing and directing the security programs focused on the discipline of cyber security design, implementation, analytics, threats, monitoring, response, and investigation across the organization. Our core services are focused on assuring the security of the computing environment, protecting customer and employee confidential information, and complying with regulatory requirements globally. This is accomplished through strong information risk governance, active collaboration with business risk managers, and providing high quality security solutions and services which enable improving the organization's overall risk posture.
The Cyber Security Engineer will design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co security solutions. The successful candidate will work within the Security Engineering team, in partnership with the firm’s Architecture, Security Operations and Lines of businesses, in a hands-on environment; working with numerous and varied applications. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of practical networking, development, engineering, administration, information technology, and security skills. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the firm’s enterprise security platforms
- Research, analyze, understand and collect log sources utilized for the purpose of security monitoring, particularly security and networking devices (such as firewalls, routers, anti-virus products, proxies, and operating systems)
- Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of the firm’s enterprise security platforms
- Provide technical inputs to management during proof-of-concept reviews for new security products
- Provide technical guidance to the Security Operations Center and/or the lines of businesses during investigations or incident response.
To be considered for this role you should have a bachelors degree in computer science and 5+ years of security platform administration or engineering experience within a large-scale or global enterprise, with core competency designing and implementing new or augmenting existing enterprise security solutions. Additional experience can be substituted in leui of degree.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience engineering and supporting clustered large scale enterprise systems for large corporations.
- Thorough understanding and ability to articulate core concepts of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
- At least 2 year experience in Hadoop/Big Data technology configuration and management is preferred.
- Understanding of network concepts such as Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex network designs.
- Hands on experience with database engineering, schema design and database access.
- Intermediate command of Python, Perl, SQL, Regex or Shell scripting is required.
- Experience engineering, deploying, supporting and maintaining packaged code enterprise wise.