JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Risk and Finance Technology group builds and supports the firm’s Financial, Regulatory, Management Reporting and infrastructure to ensure Corporate and Line of Business Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to drive financial analysis, reporting, and decision making for the firm and its five major lines of business. RFT supports a large Finance platform with a central data warehouse, ERP and vendor applications, profitability calculations, and processing for the general ledger, regulatory reporting, management reporting, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, fixed assets, and reporting tools. In partnership with Finance Operations, Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and others, we deliver technology solutions that meet the requirements of our clients with employees in locations across three continents.
This position will be a Business Analyst/Project Manager role supporting the firm's Management Information Systems and applications within Corporate Risk and Finance Technology.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Performs the role of a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager for MIS projects and/or Releases, supporting the management and execution of projects and/or development of detailed requirements for data content, reporting, configurations, extracts and operating model activities.
- Develops a mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and company wide standards
- Possess strong partnership and negotiation skills to ensure effective management of projects and all stakeholders involved
- Works within technology standards of financial control and budget management
- Executes within a client centric environment working across functional and line of business teams and contributors
- Possesses knowledge of business applications and data usage within the finance and/or risk disciplines with proficiency in at least one or more business disciplines / functions (i.e. regulatory, accounting, MIS, etc.) and the critical data driving those functions
- Leads project teams and/or business analysis for MIS projects and ensures successful execution and delivery of projects on time and on budget
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Business Analysis
- Reviews business requirements for projects, providing feedback and guidance to business submitters on quality and completeness of requirements
- Creates detailed functional specifications for projects providing high level functional specifications and design used across all business applications based on system knowledge of business needs.
- Ability to combine knowledge of what the business wants with knowledge of how the systems are built, how the data is managed, and used to create a functional designs across the various MIS applications
- Develops and reviews functional specifications with strong partnership with the application development team to ensure understanding and completeness
- Ensures the functional specifications have been loaded and linked to the business requirements within the ALM testing tool.
- Provides business analysis support for the development of functional test cases
- Assists in IST testing including review of QA testing results
- Provides IST and UAT defect triage support
- Provides assessments and estimates Change Request impacts after investigation by the team
- Participates in implementation planning activities and actual implementation event as needed
Responsible for managing multiple projects and ensuring project delivery is on time, on budget, on scope and within quality constraints including all aspects of project execution, interaction with, and managing the Line of Business relationships.
Demonstrated track record in effectively managing and delivering small to medium size projects ($250K to $1MM)
Creates and submits business cases and financial analysis to obtain project financial approvals along with tracking and variance reporting of project costs
Creation of detailed project charter that clearly defines project goals and objectives, governance structure, and all roles and responsibilities and project plans with defined milestones that identify the project critical path
Identification of project resources and/or scheduling conflicts; tracking of project issues, project risks and mitigation plans
Proactive management of resource loading, work breakdown structures, issue/risk tracking and resolution, and project execution
Ability to communicate, monitor and control project deliverables
Ensure change control process and structure are in place and adhered to, managing and documenting changes to project scope, impacts to plan, and budget
Communicates with all levels of management and staff relating to project status, issues, and risks
Analyzes project risks, costs, and benefits and makes relevant recommendations to steering committee and senior management
Functions as an escalation point to keep all parties aware of overall project impact, facilitating management decisions at the earliest possible time
Adherence to standard project execution practices with strong fluency and knowledge of the SDLC and processes
Establishes and maintains working relationships across the project team and is responsible for relationship building with technology management, business management, program sponsors, vendors and business clients and acts as a communication channel between technology and the business for ongoing program management status and issues.
Possesses direct business or domain knowledge of Accounting, Finance or Financial Operations functions preferred.