About JPMorgan’s Global Custody Business
With over 80 years of expertise, J.P. Morgan is one of the largest and most prestigious Global Custody organizations in the world. J.P. Morgan’s Global Custody solutions are acknowledged as market leading – solution innovation and service excellence are the cornerstones of our success. Global Custody clients include more than 2,000 of the largest and most prestigious corporations and financial services firms in the world, including Banks, Endowments and Foundations, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds, Insurance Companies, Investment Managers, Mutual Funds, and Pension Funds. The Global Custody business is active in more than 100 markets and work with clients to meet the challenges of cross-border investing and to promote global standards for efficiency and risk management.
J.P. Morgan is one of the largest Global Custody organizations in the world – with offices, operations and clients throughout the world. This role is responsible for the development of core product enhancements to meet the evolving needs of the clients and prospects for the Global Custody business. The role involves significant interaction with clients, internal partners, and industry organizations to investigate and develop appropriate solutions.
This position will be located in New York and will have a primary focus on issues and activities in the US Region. This position will report directly to the US Custody Product Development Head – this candidate will be asked to build out the Global Custody solutions in areas such as:
• Enhancing the SWIFT messaging between J.P. Morgan, its clients and its sub custodians
• Enhancing reporting for Global Custody clients
• Enhancing asset servicing capabilities for clients investing in the US market
• Enhancing position and settlements capabilities for clients investing in the US market
The candidate for this role will work with team members across Global Custody, internal business partners, external vendors and industry utilities to analyze, recommend, design, develop and implement product enhancements and solutions to client requests (as well as market-driven changes). The candidate for this role will be responsible for understanding our competitive deficiencies and for tailoring solutions to address these deficiencies.
The candidate must be a subject matter expert in Global Custody who can research, understand and write business requirements. The candidate must also be able to project manage both large and small scale projects to completion.
The responsibilities for this role include:
• Researching the anticipated needs of clients; this will be achieved by a combination of “own” research as well as coordination across a number of key partners
• Understanding the competitive landscape; understanding the features and functions of competitor offerings and, where possible, pricing dynamics
• Researching into the commercial benefits of any proposals to build out capabilities in a market, be it new sales / revenue opportunities or revenue protection
• Understanding the risk profile of each initiative and ensuring that it is compliant with group guidelines
• Understanding the evolution of the markets in which we operate and incorporating change into the product roadmap(s)
• Taking responsibility for coordinating initiatives across all stakeholders (Product Management, Network Management, Client Services, Sales, Operations and Technology) to ensure that commercial benefits are realized at least in line with the business case (and to identify obstacles preventing the realization of business cases and formulate strategies to overcome said obstacles
• Working with various departments (Risk, Operations, Audit, Client Services, Relationship Management, Technology, Sales, Network Management, etc.) to assess client requests for new / enhanced functionality and recommend solutions
• Working closely with Operations, Technology and Client Services to define, refine and improve Global Custody operating models across instrument types, processing hubs and client segments
• Gaining a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and designing innovative solutions to new opportunities
• Operating as a subject matter expert with respect to industry and market developments and their impact on the Global Custody product platform
• Leading initiatives and projects as a project manager
The successful candidate will have worked in a securities, investment / cash management and / or global custody environment for a minimum of 10 years in an Operations, Client Service, Product Development or Product Management role and will be able to:
• Drive and measure business results through strategy development, business planning, general knowledge and skills
• Drive results through people through communication, influence management and interactions
• Ensure market-drive direction by performing market research and competitive intelligence; be the client advocate
• Guide product development through requirement development, development oversight, product testing and release management; deliver on-time and under-budget
• Multi-task through time management and project management
And will have the following skills:
• Leadership: be personally accountable for achieving key milestones on the product development roadmap
• Initiative: be able to move product initiatives forward in a cross-functional and matrixed organizational model
• Facilitation: be able to lead design workshops and brainstorming sessions
• Self-Directed: be an independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed mode on multiple assignments
• Analytical: strong analytical skills with complementary communications and presentation skills
• Detailed: diligent attention to detail and accuracy
• Teammate: be a strong team player and an ability to work in teams distributed across the globe
• Client-focused: be a strong client advocate; the success of our business depends upon the retention of existing clients as well as attracting new ones
• Language: local language skills would be advantageous
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Diversity/Veteran
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.